Cole Palmer

It’s a business folks , city’s academy is a factory a very well run one at that. We have a quality control where we keep some products and some where we sell on . It’s a simple as that. Might seem harsh but these lads will make more in the next five to ten years than most on here will make in a lifetime if not more. The next time we lift a pot all these kids will be forgotten about for most that’s the football industry. Harsh but very true.

This decision was not a business based one. Sometimes they are, you are right, like selling players that are on the cusp of featuring for the first team.

Palmer was different, he has been around the first team for two years.

This was a respectful decision to let a player wanting out go for a fair amount.

He’s a fucking moron for wanting to go to Chelsea.
He’s not though is he, in fact you are for suggesting that.

Cole is a down to earth kid whose family mean the world to him. This move secures his and his families financial future for life, quadrupling his wages on a long term contract. He and his family (who are wonderful people may I add) are from humble beginnings in Wythenshawe.

Chelsea have promised him regular opportunities which City haven’t (Most on here had our latest shiny new toy Doku above him in the pecking order despite not seeing him play ffs) and offered him 4 x his wages over a longer contract.

Taking all the above into account it’s an amazing opportunity for Cole who ultimately didn’t feel he was appreciated enough.

Cole is a down to earth kid whose family mean the world to him. This move secures his and his families financial future for life, quadrupling his wages on a long term contract. He and his family (who are wonderful people may I add) are from humble beginnings in Wythenshawe.

Chelsea have promised him regular opportunities which City haven’t (Most on here had our latest shiny new toy Doku above him in the pecking order despite not seeing him play ffs) and offered him 4 x his wages over a longer contract.

Taking all the above into account it’s an amazing opportunity for Cole who ultimately didn’t feel he was appreciated enough.
Change the last sentence to - didn’t feel he would get enough game time, and that’s a very reasonable post from you.

The first time since takeover I am not impressed by our buy-sell police, specifically Doku in-Palmer out. Right now I hate it actually.
Us and Chelsea have been doing some really weird 'moneyball' trickery for the last two seasons (including this one).

We have known Palmer wanted out all summer. Even after Mahrez left, when the opportunity for him here couldn't get any better.

We will truly never know what caused what, but in my opinion, it was Palmer's desire to leave that pushed the club to sign Doku, and not the other way round.

It is, as long as Chelsea fulfill the promised opportunity. We should all wish him well.

Change the last sentence to - didn’t feel he would get enough game time, and that’s a very reasonable post from you.
No because it’s not the only factor. His wages were not in line with what his talent suggested he should be earning. That coupled with barely getting any opportunities left him feeling unappreciated. Chelsea have come to him and his family and told them everything they wanted to hear and slapped down a huge contract and transfer fee. No bigger show of faith. It’s an easy choice and for him and his family they are clearly making a sensible decision.

Business is business I guess, if we’re winning pots come the end of the season I doubt many will be that bothered about this.

Academy model paying off again, even if they don’t make it here they have had the best opportunity to make it as a professional and our recent outgoings show that.

Whose in Front of him at Chelsea? There squad is much deeper
Plenty could be they have 8 forwards and a gazillion midfielders ;-) but fuck knows who Potch is thinking of picking, and it is Palmer to ultimately decide if he thinks he will play more, personally cannot see it but thqt doesn default my thinking to he's gone for the money

No because it’s not the only factor. His wages were not in line with what his talent suggested he should be earning. That coupled with barely getting any opportunities left him feeling unappreciated. Chelsea have come to him and his family and told them everything they wanted to hear and slapped down a huge contract and transfer fee. No bigger show of faith. It’s an easy choice and for him and his family they are clearly making a sensible decision.
Barely getting any chances? Is this serious?! Compared with McAtee he’s had tons of chances and looked very average every time

For this to have happened.. Cole likely forced the move and once City got their valuation.. they were happy to let him go.

I can't really blame Txiki since it seems he was given 2 years worth of chances of breaking into the team (would have been 3 years had he stayed).

That said it's pretty obvious..

The up and coming academy lads have to displace a starter to get into the team and the unhappy starter moans, groans and has to be moved on.

Such is the case with Foden displacing Sterling, and Rico displacing Cancelo.

We had high hopes of Palmer displacing Mahrez but he seems to think he can't displace Bernardo or Foden now and he's probably right.

I honestly thought he was worth 80 mil and would have wanted to hold out for that much but I digress.

So best of luck Cole except against City!
80 mil. Wot planet are u on ? U have answered why he going as he not good enough to displace the current players in his position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.