Cole Palmer

He’s not though is he, in fact you are for suggesting that.

Cole is a down to earth kid whose family mean the world to him. This move secures his and his families financial future for life, quadrupling his wages on a long term contract. He and his family (who are wonderful people may I add) are from humble beginnings in Wythenshawe.

Chelsea have promised him regular opportunities which City haven’t (Most on here had our latest shiny new toy Doku above him in the pecking order despite not seeing him play ffs) and offered him 4 x his wages over a longer contract.

Taking all the above into account it’s an amazing opportunity for Cole who ultimately didn’t feel he was appreciated enough.
Yeah I’m gutted to see him go, but understand. He deserves the game time and money

He’s not though is he, in fact you are for suggesting that.

Cole is a down to earth kid whose family mean the world to him. This move secures his and his families financial future for life, quadrupling his wages on a long term contract. He and his family (who are wonderful people may I add) are from humble beginnings in Wythenshawe.

Chelsea have promised him regular opportunities which City haven’t (Most on here had our latest shiny new toy Doku above him in the pecking order despite not seeing him play ffs) and offered him 4 x his wages over a longer contract.

Taking all the above into account it’s an amazing opportunity for Cole who ultimately didn’t feel he was appreciated enough.
Do you really think they havent promised the same opportunities to every other player that theyve signed tho?

I really can't understand why people are so upset about this deal. If he wasn't a manchester lad I'm not sure anyone would give a shit. In all honesty I'm more upset Tommy Doyle isn't going to make it with us!

Good player but never really looked like he can be great. £45M feels like a steal.

Great financial opportunity for the lad though and I wish him all the best. Good luck Cole.

Last edited:
No because it’s not the only factor. His wages were not in line with what his talent suggested he should be earning. That coupled with barely getting any opportunities left him feeling unappreciated. Chelsea have come to him and his family and told them everything they wanted to hear and slapped down a huge contract and transfer fee. No bigger show of faith. It’s an easy choice and for him and his family they are clearly making a sensible decision.
Good luck to him if thats what his thoughts are. He was obv gonna move if thats how he felt. Best for all concerned

Not happy about this and not sure why Palmer thinks he will get more game time there. I thought he was more switched on than that.
It seems that they are paying him a good deal more than we would be willing to at this stage. I suspect that would be a major factor in his decision making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.