Cole Palmer

It seems that they are paying him a good deal more than we would be willing to at this stage. I suspect that would be a major factor in his decision making.
I also tend to think that in his head he deserves more playing time than what he has shown when given the chances and if his public comments are anything to go by its easy to see why pep has shown him the door but he is foolish to believe that he will get more chances at chelsea

Not happy about this and not sure why Palmer thinks he will get more game time there. I thought he was more switched on than that.
I'm with you mate. Crazy move for him and very disappointing for us. I think he has talent to burn and as he developed here he could have gone on to become a superstar. I'm gutted actually.

He's a better player than McAtee. That's why he's had more chances.
Based on what? I’ve watched the EDS religiously for over 11 years and although they’re different types of players, Palmer is not better than McAtee at all.

Probably why the club fought so hard to tie McAtee down and are willing to sell Palmer

Wow. He wanted away. The academy is there to help grow the club. Look at the sales in last few yrs. only 1 really big star will come out every few yrs. we are so lucky.

I'm not talking about Cole, I'm talking about the bigger picture.

Some of you are obviously cool with supporting a business as long as you keep on winning and I understand that.

Speaking only for myself, I find that a bit cold and sterile. I don't care about the money we make and I don't care what our net spend is. To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would care who isn't paid to do so.

I used to take pride in our academy but I haven't been to an EDS game in years because it doesn't really mean much to me anymore. It's gone from "that number 8 looks good, he might go on to do big things with us" to "that number 8 looks good, he might help us pay for some ten a penny Premier League player."

Great talent, still relatively unproven. When he has played he has tried to hard imo and maybe he is thinking that a move would give him more game time and the window to showcase his talents. £40 mil with £5 mil add ons is a great price at this stage of his career and I think we have done well out of it. Not all the shining lights from the academy will want to stay and fight for a place so I wish him well and congratulate the club on getting a great fee.

Lots of posters seem to dislike the idea of Palmer leaving as he is a local lad who we viewed as having the potential to play in the first team regularly following the Mahrez departure.

Having only seen limited games he has played, I admit that I liked the idea too. However, from the comments from Pep recently, it seems that the opportunities were going to be restricted. The signing of Doku perhaps is an indication of that.

But a bid of £40m plus add ons is probably too good to turn down, especially if the club has reservations.

Wish him well, but tbh the choice of Chelsea is confusing for me as their recruitment looks seriously flawed and fraught with problems .

Brighton would probably not have paid that much , but imo would have been a much better option for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.