Cole Palmer

Wish him well, but tbh the choice of Chelsea is confusing for me as their recruitment looks seriously flawed and fraught with problems .

Brighton would probably not have paid that much , but imo would have been a much better option for him.
Chelsea are paying us much more for him than I suspect Brighton would. Chelsea also appear to be offering him a lot more money than Brighton would be willing to pay.

I'm not talking about Cole, I'm talking about the bigger picture.

Some of you are obviously cool with supporting a business as long as you keep on winning and I understand that.

Speaking only for myself, I find that a bit cold and sterile. I don't care about the money we make and I don't care what our net spend is. To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would care who isn't paid to do so.

I used to take pride in our academy but I haven't been to an EDS game in years because it doesn't really mean much to me anymore. It's gone from "that number 8 looks good, he might go on to do big things with us" to "that number 8 looks good, he might help us pay for some ten a penny Premier League player."
But we also put these young guys in the shop window. To be part of a young team that cleans up a lot of the trophies Gives you a winning mentality. We are now top of the tree and to get into the first team you have to be someone really special like phil. We are producing lots of great talent who are going on to have a decent career in football. Maybe not with city but were giving them that opportunity as were better at it than most.

People don't like seeing an academy product leave I get that but I do think there is a little bit of overhyping in here on Palmer.

He doesn't have express or pace and I wouldn't say the same ability as say Mahrez or hopefully Doku at beating a man. I always thought he would end up inside like Foden has but he obviously would struggle to get game time there anytime soon.

£45 million for him is silly money and the club has correctly bitten Chelsea's hand off. Good luck to him.

Not happy with this at all. He will become a star and we will miss out. What will a Baguley lad find in Chelsea?
Pressure on McAtee now.

People don't like seeing an academy product leave I get that but I do think there is a little bit of overhyping in here on Palmer.

He doesn't have express or pace and I wouldn't say the same ability as say Mahrez or hopefully Doku at beating a man. I always thought he would end up inside like Foden has but he obviously would struggle to get game time there anytime soon.

£45 million for him is silly money and the club has correctly bitten Chelsea's hand off. Good luck to him.

Exactly how i feel mate.

But we also put these young guys in the shop window. To be part of a young team that cleans up a lot of the trophies Gives you a winning mentality. We are now top of the tree and to get into the first team you have to be someone really special like phil. We are producing lots of great talent who are going on to have a decent career in football. Maybe not with city but were giving them that opportunity as were better at it tgan most.

But I don't think there is a proper chance of anyone breaking through to any meaningful level.

Foden is held up as the standard that other academy players have to be at in order to make it but that's unrealistic. The majority of the signings we make aren't his level anyway. And he still doesn't make it into the starting eleven half the time.

Again, others might be fine with the academy becoming a meat factory but that's never the way I've seen it.

We used to produce quality players and then lose them because we were shit. Now we produce quality players and lose them because it's easier in the short term to throw money at a hole in the squad.

I'm not talking about Cole, I'm talking about the bigger picture.

Some of you are obviously cool with supporting a business as long as you keep on winning and I understand that.

Speaking only for myself, I find that a bit cold and sterile. I don't care about the money we make and I don't care what our net spend is. To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would care who isn't paid to do so.

I used to take pride in our academy but I haven't been to an EDS game in years because it doesn't really mean much to me anymore. It's gone from "that number 8 looks good, he might go on to do big things with us" to "that number 8 looks good, he might help us pay for some ten a penny Premier League player."
I do sympathise with that view after following these lads for years so disappointing plus it was a great fuck you to the city haters to have another home grown potential match winner in the team I do think though maybe Cole could have stuck around a bit longer and it's not just the club being commercial about this. Pep did say many times last year he was part of the squad now so something has changed. Did ask a mate with contacts at the club what he thought as I was disappointed and he said he thought Pep doesn't think he works hard enough. As much as I love watching Cole I could see that and possibly why he's not started much. So overall coming around slowly on this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.