Cole Palmer

Whenever I'd seen him play for the EDS side I always saw him play centrally, drifting more to the right.
Last season on the very occasions he got a chance he was used primarily on the left.
Don't think that helped him, but we had Mahrez, Foden and Bernardo for the right.
He was terrific against Chelsea in the last game (first half mainly), but I think his chances were always going to be limited.

That said he was always gonna be a good option from the bench and I felt we needed a player in even with him here.
Think his departure leaves us in a similar position in terms of numbers. BUT £40-45m is a lot of ££££££££s.
Perhaps it's me but damned if I can remember him playing on the left for the 1st team?

I am a bit disappointed that Cole has not made it at City but astonished and delighted at the fee we received for him. He has some great skills - particularly long range shooting - but with his languid style is not a typical "Pep" player.
I don't know why he did not achieve more last season but I guess a lot of his appearances were as a sub when we were effectively just managing out games so maybe difficult to shine in those. His departure should means more chances for McAtee and Bobb who may fit the City style more naturally.
I also question Chelsea as a destination. A team like Villa or Brighton might have given him a better platform. If he does not perform from the off at Chelsea he could be sidelined and stuck on a long contract with wages that other clubs would not match.
No idea how his career will go but I wish him well.
Good post

Said the same. Bench is very weak.
The panic last Sunday was evident. Concede and get Foden on before the goals been checked.
Fortunately it worked because he's levels above, but he'll be starting and the options generally will be Doku or Alvarez, as you said.
Bench likely to be 9 from,once KDB is back
Ortega, Lewis, Akanji, Ake, Nunes,Phillips, Doku, McAtee, Gomes,Alvarez,Kovacic.
Not very weak,possibly the strongest in the league.

Because we are a football club that should support, connect and aim to improve the local area at the end of the day. Many fans would greatly appreciate players who've grown up city through and through and understand the importance of the club, and many kids would idolise and be inspired by local players from similar backgrounds as them.

Doesn’t bother me. Plus I reckon most kids probably idolise Haaland and Grealish rather than some local player.

Last edited:
Bench likely to be 9 from,once KDB is back
Ortega, Lewis, Akanji, Ake, Nunes,Phillips, Doku, McAtee, Gomes,Alvarez,Kovacic.
Not very weak,possibly the strongest in the league.

Apart from McAtee and Gomez that’s a fucking awesome bench, probably stronger than anyone else in the league I agree.

Look at Arsenal or rags subs, apart from probably a couple of stars the rest are shit; youth team or bit part players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.