Cole Palmer

Again, the points you're responding to are more about the wider issue of the integration of academy players into the first team, not strictly about the transfer of Cole Palmer to Chelsea.

I didn't rate Palmer as much as many other clearly do. I still think he'll be a quality player but I feel like his two goals a couple of weeks ago changed the perception of him for a lot of people.

But, again, I think there's a balanced to be reached in terms of using our academy players. Many on here don't seem to think that way because whenever we sell them they explicitly state that they're happy to have extra money in the club instead.
Putting the finance stuff aside I don’t think we’ve gotten that balance terribly wrong with Palmer. He’s been in and around the first team for three-ish seasons now and has gotten enough minutes for us, and certainly the staff who sees him more than we do, to get a decent sense who he is. Whether or not that assessment is correct this isn’t like a Lavia situation where he didn‘t even get a shot.

That is the reason you warmed to Rico and not to Cole although he is twice the baller.
Quality's in the eye of the beholder, but I'd seriously beg to differ on this comparision.

Lewis has shown more than flashes of brilliance here & there, hence the playing time he's been afforded in spite of being 3 years Cole's junior.

Pep knows a consistent baller when he sees one.

If he was good enough he'd be in the team. Pep clearly rates Nunez far more highly. Chelsea sign a player who can help get them in the top half of the table this season. Good business for all concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.