Cole Palmer

Also, this isn't really a straight forward topic, is it?

You might see selling Cole Palmer as a way of funding our club's success. I see it as a way of funding moves for unremarkable players like Kalvin Phillips or Matheus Nunes.

Quite strange to play down how much it helps to fund the successful signings too.

Guess you're a glass nearly empty kind of person.

Putting the finance stuff aside I don’t think we’ve gotten that balance terribly wrong with Palmer. He’s been in and around the first team for three-ish seasons now and has gotten enough minutes for us, and certainly the staff who sees him more than we do, to get a decent sense who he is. Whether or not that assessment is correct this isn’t like a Lavia situation where he didn‘t even get a shot.

All fair points I agree with.

I do think the club still rate the kid though, otherwise Pep wouldn't have given him games early this season and we wouldn't have held out for such a generous bid.

Reactions: cjn
I guess from Cole’s point of view this one move sets him up financially for life and living in London. Good move for him I think.

Clearly some issues between him and Pep but very disappointing when people said he could be better than Phil.
If we cop for a lot of injuries were screwed.

All fair points I agree with.

I do think the club still rate the kid though, otherwise Pep wouldn't have given him games early this season and we wouldn't have held out for such a generous bid.
Yeah fair enough, to me he seems just very borderline and if someone wants to give you a lot of money for someone who may not may not be good enough you do it because there are three more behind him in the academy who are in the same boat and hopefully they get a shot now. The really great ones you almost always know really quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.