Cole Palmer

Each to their own and we all have our own ways of looking at the club and the way it operates but I’m the opposite tbh.
I pay no heed to the academy, I’ve looked at it as a business model for years. Any player that makes it with us is a huge bonus but on the whole it’s about bringing in a steady stream of money that allows us to buy players who are ready to play for us right now.
It’s always nice to talk about a player who’s ripping up trees in the first time after coming through but I’ve long accepted the reality of those being few and far between.
There’s no right or wrong way of looking at this btw.

Yeah I respect that. I'm just stating my own feelings on the matter and don't mean to be a party pooper.

Again, there's a balance. If the price of utilising more academy kids in the first team is marginally less success then I'm fine with that.

Others don't feel the same way and I accept that but, as I've said in the past, if all I cared about was winning and trophies then I wouldn't have been a City fan in the first place.

We've done it. We've won the lot. The thought of doing it year after year doesn't quite get my blood pumping the same way it does for others. That doesn't mean I don't want to win but I'm certainly not afraid of losing.
I’ve always looked at the game as cyclical and now is our time so I’m up for winning the fucking lot in the here and now because it won’t last forever.
Certain age groups who follow the club know what losing is all about and I guess most like me aren’t afraid of losing but quite enjoy this winning thingymajig that we’ve grown accustomed to.
I was 33 before I saw us lift our first trophy so I’d like a teeny bit longer at the top table before it’s somebody else’s turn. :-)

Eh? (⁠・⁠o⁠・⁠)

The word to note is marginally.

I just don't believe that it would have the negative impact that others do, although I accept that we would probably drop a few points here and there due to inexperience.

Rico and his introduction is a great example of that. He made a couple of errors but generally we improved once he started playing a bigger role. Even if he didn't feature as much in the run-in, he had the kind of impact that makes me feel proud of my club.

Eh? (⁠・⁠o⁠・⁠)
I'm sad to see him go but the £40m is fantastic business. We don't know if he'll progress with more game time but if he does and becomes a star name then we could buy him back at the going rate. If he becomes a £100m player then to us it would be effectively £60m and he would be coming back tried, tested and proven. If not then it's money in the bank so we win all round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.