Cole Palmer

The word to note is marginally.

I just don't believe that it would have the negative impact that others do, although I accept that we would probably drop a few points here and there due to inexperience.

Rico and his introduction is a great example of that. He made a couple of errors but generally we improved once he started playing a bigger role. Even if he didn't feature as much in the run-in, he had the kind of impact that makes me feel proud of my club.
Marginally is the difference between finishing top and being champions and finishing second by one point, or worse, goal difference on the last day of the season.

Ask the rags and dippers what that feels like.

I'd take the winning over playing academy hopefuls any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Technically he looks to have it all. Talent wise the sky is the limit.
But there's something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think he'll make it at a top club.
More importantly neither do City. Why would they buy Doku? Buying him meant Carl was dropping further down the pecking order. Him leaving was inevitable.
At the risk of being lambasted, I think his biggest weakness is decision making, he is very greedy and i felt he was always playing for himself and not the team.
Sergio gomez will be pleased

I guess from Cole’s point of view this one move sets him up financially for life and living in London. Good move for him I think.
The "living in London" if you're a young and possibly easily led (no idea about that) footballer could present problems for Cole and Chelsea.
Hopefully that won't be the case.

Marginally is the difference between finishing top and being champions and finishing second by one point, or worse, goal difference on the last day of the season.

I'd take the winning over playing academy hopefuls any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Exactly this, 100%.

Technically he looks to have it all. Talent wise the sky is the limit.
But there's something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think he'll make it at a top club.
More importantly neither do City. Why would they buy Doku? Buying him meant Carl was dropping further down the pecking order. Him leaving was inevitable.
Horse and cart maybe?

The word to note is marginally.

I just don't believe that it would have the negative impact that others do, although I accept that we would probably drop a few points here and there due to inexperience.

Rico and his introduction is a great example of that. He made a couple of errors but generally we improved once he started playing a bigger role. Even if he didn't feature as much in the run-in, he had the kind of impact that makes me feel proud of my club.
The Kids have to be good enough. Obviously Foden and Rico are, the club didn't think so with Palmer. Success over Academy all day. Football is a business at the end of the day.

Absolutely. My thoughts exactly. Fine margins and all that.

It's pretty clear that it's not as black and white as this, as is evidenced by the example my comment you replied to.

Again, I don't understand why some of you think those things are mutually exclusive.

The Kids have to be good enough. Obviously Foden and Rico are, the club didn't think so with Palmer. Success over Academy all day. Football is a business at the end of the day.

If the club didn't think Palmer was good enough he wouldn't have been playing games this season and we would have either accepted Chelsea's initial offer or sold him ages ago, like the rest.

My interest in football has never had anything to do with business. As a supporter, there are many other aspects of the sport to appreciate.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.