Cole Palmer

Technically he looks to have it all. Talent wise the sky is the limit.
But there's something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think he'll make it at a top club.
More importantly neither do City. Why would they buy Doku? Buying him meant Carl was dropping further down the pecking order. Him leaving was inevitable.

Wow. He wanted away. The academy is there to help grow the club. Look at the sales in last few yrs. only 1 really big star will come out every few yrs. we are so lucky.
Look at it a different way. IF a player is unlikely to pull up any trees at our club, the Academy will do their best to give them a hand up to get them to another club for the benefit of their career. It's not all about net spend.
Trust in the process (and Pep)

But there's something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think he'll make it at a top club.
More importantly neither do City. Why would they buy Doku? Buying him meant Carl was dropping further down the pecking order. Him leaving was inevitable.
Perhaps we bought Doku as we knew Palmer was leaving/wanting to leave.

Clearly some issues between him and Pep but very disappointing when people said he could be better than Phil.
If we cop for a lot of injuries were screwed.
Jesus Christ, he isn’t even half of the player Foden was at 17 when he made his debut.

Foden is a once in a generation talent.

Palmer has the potential to be a very good premier league winger, maybe more, but he’ll never be as good as Phil is currently, nevermind Phil in his future prime.

Very much reminds me of Mahrez (even down to the gloves). Looks like he has all the talent in the world and yet rarely feel like they're putting the effort in. When they do, they can destroy the opposition but just feels like they can't really be bothered.

May just be their style of play, but feels like if you cross Alvarez or Zabaleta with Mahrez or Palmer, you get a Messi, someone who has all the talent but also does whatever they can on and off the pitch to be the best. Zaba overachieved compared to his natural talents due to his efforts, somehow I feel Palmer will be a player you look back on and feel he could have done so much more. Even though he's leaving, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel bothered that he's joining a rival.

i'm the same. No slant on the guy, i'm sure he's a good lad, but just not the same warmth there for him.

On the pitch always felt he would play for himself rather than the team.
Agreed, in the games that I've seen of him - certainly last season - some of his decision making left a lot to be desired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.