Cole Palmer

He will be getting a 7 year contract
Only equates to five for FFP if they get in Europe purely for accounting purposes, he’ll still have the seven year deal on his contract, Chavs playing a dangerous game. Even Conference League football would make them vulnerable to European FFP with very little additional turnover, they’d have to make sure they don’t get in that, Europa League isn’t much better.

Then he should have stayed and fought for his place in the starting 11. Instead he decided to go to Chelsea where he may (or may not) be part of the first 11 but regardless will get paid a great deal more.
My thoughts exactly , im sure that under pep he had a chance here , unfortunately he fancies his chances at chelsea more , I don't see it although he will probably double his wages at least

I'm sad to see him go but the £40m is fantastic business. We don't know if he'll progress with more game time but if he does and becomes a star name then we could buy him back at the going rate. If he becomes a £100m player then to us it would be effectively £60m and he would be coming back tried, tested and proven. If not then it's money in the bank so we win all round.
Agreed 100%!

I love to see homegrown players come through and I think Cole has great ability. But, after two full seasons in the first team squad, he is no nearer establishing himself than he was, and he underwhelmed when given a few full games at the end of last season. Pep and his coaches have watched him day in and day out and the decision is, at that money, he can go. Fair enough, it could come back and bite us, and if it does, I would be first to say well done to him.

Only equates to five for FFP if they get in Europe purely for accounting purposes, he’ll still have the seven year deal on his contract, Chavs playing a dangerous game. Even Conference League football would make them vulnerable to European FFP with very little additional turnover, they’d have to make sure they don’t get in that, Europa League isn’t much better.
Does feel like we’re loading the camel up with bags of sand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.