Cole Palmer

Financially it’s a fantastic move for him but football wise a big question mark . Leaving the guidance of the best coach in the world to play for a club with a constant scatter gun transfer policy and a manager who has won a couple of trophies with PSG but failed outside the confines of the French league.
I think that's a huge one.

He may look around and see that even very good young players often end up with middling careers. What if he doesn't make it at the very top? Chelsea have given him a contract that should set him up for life, which takes that pressure away.

Now, as well as a fresh start (and there's definitely a bonus to being the shiny new thing - expensive players often get in ahead of "free" youth players), he can at least focus on making it as a top footballer, knowing he'll likely never have to worry about money again.

I wish you well with this signing, a good lad and a fabulous talent, but a terrible move, a poor choice of manager, a manager that wants commitment and determination, and a poor pathway to the first team, due to a large number of similar age group and less matches, you have just got rid of a similar player in Havertz, you may just have signed the new Anelka.

Are you saying he has attitude problems? I’ve seen Don Hutchinson insinuate something like that on ESPN.

Similar to the Old Grey Whistle test, i use a certain metric to determine how i feel about a player leaving.

It normally goes along with this thought during a match when we aren't firing on all cylinders . "Great "X" is coming on, now we can get back to business.
I have never once thought that when Cole has come on (same goes for Phillips etc). So it makes a player like that leaving a little easier.

However, that doesn't mean i didn't rate them for the future.
For a long time, i just didn't get why we bought John Stones. Then he turned things around!

Never got the feeling he was a long term part of Pep's thinking, so not surprised at all. All the best to him, fighting for one of a couple of places among the thousand strong squad at Chelsea is not going to be easy.

Are you saying he has attitude problems? I’ve seen Don Hutchinson insinuate something like that on ESPN.
A lot of people will say attitude simply because we bought Doku and he wanted out, I have no idea, but i will say your manager demands work rate and commitment, work rate is the reason he has not started more here, and commitment can be seen in his transfer request after city signed Doku. as good as he is, and he is good, what happens when your manager wants a Milner type.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.