Cole Palmer

Sadly, Cole wanted to go. His form for us didn’t warrant him being a starter but he wanted more minutes. Shame he couldn’t have been patient for a little longer but you live by your decisions and I think it’s Cole that’s dropped the clanger.
My mate’s lad (Joe) was working in London last week and was in a Nando’s having a bite to eat, Palmer came in with his girlfriend and Joe got talking to him.

Once Cole realised Joe was a Manchester lad and big City fan they had a really good chat. As Joe was leaving he asked exactly what happened to him at City, he didn’t elaborate but he got the impression he was gutted having to leave, these things happen and Cole has got a great contract and being given game time, I don’t personally think we made a poor decision.

Clanger, absolutely not but i said at the time I think it's far too cheap for him, and we will likely look back on it as a poor deal and be able to see how he could fit into our side had he stayed and im still of that opinion.

The "he wanted to leave" line doesn't hold up for me, bernardos wanted to leave for years, but hasn't, we convinced walker to stay this summer, we could easily have kept him but chose to cash in. I don't think we will ever be kicking ourselves for not having palmer in our squad at any point but I do think we will be kicking ourselves for selling him for £45 million.

The only time it ever even comes close to being a potential clanger is if we start struggling with home grown and club trained quotas which seems really unlikely.

Not a bad bit part player for us but he couldn't get into the side, he was always going to be a perpheral player at best.

Really happy he's found some genuine form at Chelsea though, wish the lad all the best.

My mate’s lad (Joe) was working in London last week and was in a Nando’s having a bite to eat, Palmer came in with his girlfriend and Joe got talking to him.

Once Cole realised Joe was a Manchester lad and big City fan they had a really good chat. As Joe was leaving he asked exactly what happened to him at City, he didn’t elaborate but he got the impression he was gutted having to leave, these things happen and Cole has got a great contract and being given game time, I don’t personally think we made a poor decision.
I think the most pressing question is why with all that money and all the nice restaurants in Chelsea is he still eating at Nando’s? lol

Clanger, no.
Good player yes - but very good or brilliant? No.
He certainly thinks he's better than he is and seemingly isn’t prepared to graft to prove it Also judging by the number of pubs in the Cheadle / Cheadle Hulme area where he's banned his personality doesn't quite fit with a "Together" team.
Good luck to him though.

Last edited:
Also, i'm not saying Palmer has a bad attitude or anything, but I don't think his personality seems to be the sort that's required to make the jump to senior level under Pep. That's not to say anyone is in the wrong in that situation, but I think Pep likes his young players to be super keen, patient, flexible and hardworking. Palmer's a lovely footballer but i don't think those particular attributes mentioned especially shine out of him.
I don’t think he has a bad attitude either, but there is something about his personality that I can’t put my finger on. Admittedly, I’m not an expert on him so I feel like those who are may rightly disagree. But when I see interviews and such with Doku, Rico, and even Bobb, they just have a different energy/feeling to me that I think convey some of the positive attributes you mention above. A lot of eagerness. I get less of that with Palmer.

I was a bit down when we sold Cole. I really think he is a very cool cookie in front of goal. He might become a big star at Chelsea. Hopefully we have a decent buy back or huge sell on clause. I'd rather him come back than Sane anyway.
Since I saw Doku though I'm really pleased with what the club has done. He goes past players and isn't afraid to run for the by line and whip in a cross. I think Doku will push Grealish, Foden and Bernardo to be even better too. Maybe Cole wasn't doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.