Cole Palmer

Even with KDB injured, would he be a regular starter in our Premier League team. The answer is no, and difficult to see that having changed. So correct decision all ways around to sell him.

Much younger players have become starters so he too wanted to be regular starter and has performed. What happens in future is future. He could well be sold next summer if they find someone different or he could be just another player doing good.

But players need playing time and it's no rocket science. There comes a time when players prefer playing rather than learning on training pitch.

He's going to be a very good player. We made the choice in the Summer to back Bobb and Doku over him. Its up to those two to prove the Club made the right call and I'm happy with both of them so far.

Pep relies on a tight core of players that it's very difficult to break in to. Cole is a really promising player, from what I've heard a nice lad, we all like to see local lads break through but it was obvious that he was never going to be a regular first team starter even if he stayed with us until he was 30. Not necessarily a reflection on the player, more about what sounds Pep wants in his orchestra. Out of all the academy talents I think Rico is the one most likely to be with us for the long haul. I like Bobb too but I can see him going to Europe like Carlos Borges.

Of course we did. He is our own academy player and a talented one to boot. We certainly needed his profile more than what Doku current offers whose competing with Grealish for a spot when there is a big hole left by my Mahrez on the right.
Have to disagree with that. Doku offers us something that none of our other wingers offer. His pace over the first five metres and his ability to beat players is invaluable and has given us another way of breaking down low blocks.

Before making a thread have read up about why he went?!
The gas thing is I seem to recall him saying he was leaving for "the good if his career".
He 'd made a total of 38 appearances for City and won the League, Cup, Champions League and (if you want to count it) the Super Cup. So, one trophy for every nine appearances!
I suspect that 'the good of his career' was a euphemism for 'more money'.

Good luck to him. He owes us nothing. I will say, even before last Saturday, Doku seems rather more effective, so far.

We meet him away at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, so I say this with bated breath, but no.

He failed to impress during his breakout season last year. We were willing to give him another chance to make the grade, but he wanted to be played or to leave on loan. City told him he either stayed & fought for his place, or he'd be sold, so off to Chelsea he went.

Aside from his penalty, & an outside of the right foot pass he made in the first half, he didn't stand out last night against Spuds.

Another consideration is if Palmer stayed, I doubt we'd have signed Doku. As things stand, that's the comparison, it was one of the other.

Cue Palmer being MoTM on Sunday!

Good move for him and the club. Some of our fans don't think it's normal for players to leave, they're professionals, it's their job. The club has a policy that if you want to leave then you can. I'm so glad that we don't operate like those idiots down the road.

He's a good player.

He wanted to go, and we weren't too desperate to keep him. So it was a good move for everyone.

He's getting regular football, albeit in a worse team but I think that's OK. He's a young lad and wants to show what he can do on a weekly basis and he's still at a "big club" that were champions league winners 2 years ago, even though they're shite now. But if they can rebuild and he's a key player in that, then he's probably going to showcase and establish himself more than he could've done here.

I think he's got a good future and sometimes some players need to step down a notch in terms of teams to be able to show what you can offer. He could well end up at a big European side.

I think it was a good move for him, and I don't think we felt he was some huge loss, which I agree with. He's good but not outstanding, but you can find similar level of quality all over the world, which is why I think we felt the deal was right.

So, no complaints from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.