Cole Palmer

I thought he was Chelsea’s best player last night. He looked like the only one who knew how to play football, the rest looked like headless chickens.

I don’t think he has a bad attitude either, but there is something about his personality that I can’t put my finger on. Admittedly, I’m not an expert on him so I feel like those who are may rightly disagree. But when I see interviews and such with Doku, Rico, and even Bobb, they just have a different energy/feeling to me that I think convey some of the positive attributes you mention above. A lot of eagerness. I get less of that with Palmer.
Someone on here who claims to know him or his family said something about not wanting your daughter bringing him home. Whether true or not I have no idea.

Clanger, absolutely not but i said at the time I think it's far too cheap for him, and we will likely look back on it as a poor deal and be able to see how he could fit into our side had he stayed and im still of that opinion.

The "he wanted to leave" line doesn't hold up for me, bernardos wanted to leave for years, but hasn't, we convinced walker to stay this summer, we could easily have kept him but chose to cash in. I don't think we will ever be kicking ourselves for not having palmer in our squad at any point but I do think we will be kicking ourselves for selling him for £45 million.

The only time it ever even comes close to being a potential clanger is if we start struggling with home grown and club trained quotas which seems really unlikely.
It wasn't that "he wanted to leave" though, he demanded playing time from Pep or to go out on loan. Pep is never going to bow to demands from any player. He was told he either awaits his chance and keeps showing his worth in training and cameos or we sell him. Not really relatable to Bernie.

It's all about the pathway to the first team starting spot now. North of the border a colleagues 12 year old at a league one club is being advised by an external party to secure guarantees on this before they commit to another 5 years so its all levels. Cole must have thought this was it when Mharez vacated a RW spot and Gundogan a CM berth that Foden or Grealish could cover and then last week of August in comes Doku blocking off the path for him. Injury to KDB is the only downside I can see just now to his leaving as he would have freed up other options in the middle. Decent money for him, did not stand in his way and ultimately if Pep has doubts you're not staying, would not have moved for Doku if Cole was the preferred option and he's not got many of these decisions (Cancelo) wrong so far.

The team was stronger last year, Gündogan is a big loss.
I'd agree but it is great to see succession planning in the first team. Laporte, Gundogan and Mahrez all going left gaps but they have been filled with Gvardiol, Kovacic and Doku. For me 2 are for the long term with Kovacic short term cover in the middle due the lack of impact Phillips has made and the continued emergence / development of Stones in this "sweeper" style position while we all wait to see if McAtee can come back into the fold with us as a genuine first team squad member next season or we go back to market / plan B. Palmer a casualty of this philosophy it seems, in Pep we trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.