Cole Palmer

I said as much yesterday after the match, but if we aren't going to replace Mahrez with genuine world class quality then I'd happily give Cole until January at least. I don't see any non-world class winger coming in and offering more than Palmer.
Maybe the reasoning is if we loan Palmer to Brighton and buy mitoma for 50m we’ll let him develop at rw and hope that mitoma won’t turn out like Phillips.

This season rw will be Bernardo’s and when he needs a rest Phil move out there and do a job.

Maybe the reasoning is if we loan Palmer to Brighton and buy mitoma for 50m we’ll let him develop at rw and hope that mitoma won’t turn out like Phillips.

This season rw will be Bernardo’s and when he needs a rest Phil move out there and do a job.
Agreed but I think Bernardo can play the 10 role as well and the 8 role as well....espeically if Kovacic aint cutting it or KDB gets injured...same with Foden

Edit - someone like Mitoma would primarily play off the wing ( I know we dont play very often with traditional wingers but you know what I mean - more like a Mahrez staying high and wide)

I think palmer from the right would be great
I think he can step up this season
I think from the left he struggles because he doesn’t get a run

I said as much yesterday after the match, but if we aren't going to replace Mahrez with genuine world class quality then I'd happily give Cole until January at least. I don't see any non-world class winger coming in and offering more than Palmer.
I agree, he's moved up the pecking list now Mahrez has left, so it's up to him to take his chances when he gets them.
I can't see him getting many more minutes at Brighton, so i hope he stays and continues to learn with us.

He started 2 premier league games last season.

Nowhere near enough game time.

Give him his chance to shine and I think he will come good.
Yup very possible...but so is the other alternative.....I remember people saying the
same about kelechi and even though he stayed in the prem he never really hit the heights... like so many young players

Loan for a year would be ideal, but I am not sure Brighton would agree to a loan. If we are letting Cole go, then surely Tolmie is spot on again and we are looking to get someone off them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.