Cole Palmer

I wonder what Kovacic will feel where his best chance to land medals and silverware is/ was...?
At City of course, but that's not the argument, the argument is about how to deal with ambitious talent from the academy, i don't want us to be like Chelsk...designing an academy just as a purely commercial vehicle, the transfer system is for that. The academy should be about developing players for the first team with a real sense of local pride, organisational culture, and hopefully unique place in fans hearts as they can relate to players from Gorton, Moston, Sale, Eccles or wherever in GM. Surely that's the aim of an academy or it should be.

At City of course, but that's not the argument, the argument is about how to deal with ambitious talent from the academy, i don't want us to be like Chelsk...designing an academy just as a purely commercial vehicle, the transfer system is for that. The academy should be about developing players for the first team with a real sense of local pride, organisational culture, and hopefully unique place in fans hearts as they can relate to players from Gorton, Moston, Sale, Eccles or wherever in GM. Surely that's the aim of an academy or it should be.
Chelsea have used a lot more Academy players in their first team than most. Last season they were top in the PL for using Academy players.

I know that this season that's likely to change, but two of their three most used players are Gallagher and Colwill. Reece James is captain, and even Armando Broja has played more minutes than anyone but Foden and Lewis in our squad.

Talent is talent and talent stands or falls on what's built around it.

Is it more likely the likes of Bobb, Hamilton, Lewis can kick on with world class experience around them to help them navigate adversity or the likes of Palmer play amongst his likeness at Chelsea with the very real possibility of stagnating over the next couple of years?

I say the latter because I've seen it happen plenty that the player with potential doesn't break through that barrier. It's a very small window to realise potential (of course there are exceptions like Ian Wright) before the ceiling settling.

I see Palmer being flash but not a brilliant game changer in the future unless he challenges himself past Chelsea in the next 18-24 months.

Will Bobb have the chance to become a better player,or will he become a Bit player.?

No doubting the talent and confidence ,dare I say arrogance of Bobb,but that same confidence in ones ability can lead to decisions being made to facilitate regular 1st team football ,instead of flitting in and out..

.in 12 months time it could well be Bobb doing a Palmer!

Then Blues will be using words like wrong attitude,spoilt brat ,greedy and impatient.
Lol.

And saying whatever youngster is around the squad is better or going to be better anyhow.

So transparent

Checked other forums, couldn’t see anything.
was the meme of phil foden shivering, a dig at cole Palmer losing with Chelsea on Sunday, or just a press beat up.
I assume,we at City would have too much class to gloat over a former player’s disappointment.Pep said he let Palmer go because he couldn’t guarantee as much playing time as Cole wanted, so surely no hard feeling there?

I find it hard to believe that as a club we’d do that other player left on worse term and mouthed off a bit and we’ve never had a dig just wished them well

If you wanted to get technical about this bs, in the pic, Phil had his hands under his armpits, Cole, when celebrating, rubs the outside of his forearms. It's a non story in the real world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.