Cole Palmer

Palmer is a good player and good luck to him if he’s playing well.

But he’s not a game changer as Chelseas league position shows.

Much easier to perform with no pressure on and not face 11 men behind the ball every game which are must I think he is one talented player win
he's so young, wish he had been more patient with KDB's injury he may have got that 10 role, just sad rre timing more than anything.

Pep didn't rate him that highly to give him more starts which is what it boils down to. That and Chelsea throwing more money to really tempt him away. There is nothing that shows that we have really fucked up in not keeping him. Even Sancho looked decent at Dortmund and look what has happend since then.
To me it's what i think he will become. Pep has always loved clever pocket players...2 x more years studying the role under Pep- we would have had some number 10...and local..that's huge...good 10's cost £100m's now - i think he had a chance of that - 2 - 3 years down the line with us. I was not thinking this season

So does anyone think Palmer would have unpicked Arsenal's defence last Sun? I reckon not - he would struggle as much if not more with no space/ultra low block as everyone else. Maybe he turns out to be a better player than Doku, but I am not certain - quite difficult to predict how a 21 year old will evolve. So yes maybe we could have kept him instead of Doku and Nunes, but there is no evidence (yet) that we dropped a massive bollock as some are claiming.

Let's see him influence really big games (title tussles, Europe, etc) then we can talk. Starting with FA Cup semi ...

He wanted to play regularly and trusted his talent and asked to move.

We got a very good 40m for him and he has gone to Chelsea and been a superb signing, I would imagine his value has doubled comfortably.

Anyone doubting this lad is foolish, he is a top player but a Chelsea player, time to move on.

He’s not going anywhere even if they need money coming in.

You may not think he’s the highest quality of player (but he’s a bloody good player) but Chelsea think he is.

Brilliant player having a brilliant season. He’s everything I thought Havertz was going to be when we signed him in 2020.

He’s a shoe-in for Chelsea POTY and I hope he also picks up the young PFA POTY. He sure deserves it.
Yeah he’s done well to drag you up to mid table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.