Cole Palmer

Given that he’s the only player to have scored against Arsenal for us this season, in three meetings, one could argue to the contrary… ;-)
Community Shield. And they were not playing ultra low block with 10 in the penalty box

That’s not his fault. He’s done his part and he’s having an incredible season. Our defence falling apart and Poch being an awful coach isn’t his fault.

He's been excellent for you in the attacking third but he's still not doing the all round game well enough whenever I watch Chelsea, which isn't very often admittedly. He doesn't track back very well, tends to put a token chase in but never try and get goal side and leaves the full back exposed.

It's a team game at the end of the day and for all of his attacking impact you're not winning enough. That's not down to Palmer specifically, but he'd never be getting away with being half arsed off the ball at City, even if he was scoring every game.

To me it's what i think he will become. Pep has always loved clever pocket players...2 x more years studying the role under Pep- we would have had some number 10...and local..that's huge...good 10's cost £100m's now - i think he had a chance of that - 2 - 3 years down the line with us. I was not thinking this season
Next season is the yard stick on how he is developing.

Can’t argue with what he’s done at Chelsea but that said if we needed to win one game to win the league I don’t think many people would have him in our starting 11 if we were allowed to re - sign him in the final week of the season.

That doesn’t mean he couldn’t have made a much bigger impact this season as a squad member but he didnt fancy that.

Given that it’s on record that we sign players based first and foremost on character the suspicion persists that in this regard he wasn’t up to scratch and we were happy to cash in handsomely on a player who didn’t tick all the boxes

No doubt Cole's had a good first season so far for Chelsea but I'm curious to see if he can make the step up from being given carte blanche in an underperforming team to someone who has to perform a disciplined role in a functioning system.

Gormless cocky little twat who I could punch in the face but that’s only bitterness as if he was with us having a good season I’d love it ! Chelsea player now and pretty much forgot his time with us, didn’t do much for us really but looked like a top young player . Fair play to the lad . Semi final has his name written over the back pages though - can see it now ….

No doubt Cole's had a good first season so far for Chelsea but I'm curious to see if he can make the step up from being given carte blanche in an underperforming team to someone who has to perform a disciplined role in a functioning system.
It’s something I’ve touched on as have one or two others.
This free role he has at Chelsea is great for him and will make him stand out on any highlight reel.
Not a fucking hope he can get away with that in our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.