Cole Palmer

His stats are a bit padded.

Chelsea have had an unfathomable amount of penalties this season and had they had a competent striker, Palmer likely wouldn't have taken any of the 8 he has scored.

Class footballer though, Chelsea got a gem, credit to our academy but we move on.

In my personal opinion I don't think his attitude is complimentary of a Pep Guardiola team, I think there is an arrogance in his game and celebrations that has a sense of entitlement involved.

Chelsea and competent striker? We've only had like 5 of those the last 25 years. We're not all blessed with going from Aguero to Haaland.

As someone who watched Palmer progress through our youth sides I am not surprised at how he has succeeded at Chelsea. He failed to take his chances at first team level in previous seasons but started this season very well for City and think that he would have established himself in the team had he stayed. He was always a good and accurate striker of the ball and would have done well against low block teams.

In my opinion not trying harder to keep him was a mistake but hindsight makes that easy to say. The club normally get decisions on academy players right and sometimes it takes a few years for that to become apparent - Sancho being the obvious example.

I loved Cole's goals against the rags yesterday and wish him success in his career. There are some more good prospects in the academy and hopefully a few will reach first team level and the others will go for decent fees and have good careers at whatever level they end up at.

As someone who watched Palmer progress through our youth sides I am not surprised at how he has succeeded at Chelsea. He failed to take his chances at first team level in previous seasons but started this season very well for City and think that he would have established himself in the team had he stayed. He was always a good and accurate striker of the ball and would have done well against low block teams.

In my opinion not trying harder to keep him was a mistake but hindsight makes that easy to say. The club normally get decisions on academy players right and sometimes it takes a few years for that to become apparent - Sancho being the obvious example.

I loved Cole's goals against the rags yesterday and wish him success in his career. There are some more good prospects in the academy and hopefully a few will reach first team level and the others will go for decent fees and have good careers at whatever level they end up at.
Agree 100 per cent. Chelsea took a punt on him and it has payed off. We have great recruitment and youth development but Palmer is "the one that got away." He has been fantastic for Chelsea and would probably have been first choice for us all season given the injuries we have had. Pep doesn't make many mistakes and there's no point crying over split milk.

Agree 100 per cent. Chelsea took a punt on him and it has payed off. We have great recruitment and youth development but Palmer is "the one that got away." He has been fantastic for Chelsea and would probably have been first choice for us all season given the injuries we have had. Pep doesn't make many mistakes and there's no point crying over split milk.
He makes mistakes like everyone but on this one it’s pretty subjective.
I don’t think he would have played as much as you think and I don’t think it was a mistake to let him go.
Would I have been happy to keep him? Sure.
Am I gutted he’s gone? Not really.

He makes mistakes like everyone but on this one it’s pretty subjective.
I don’t think he would have played as much as you think and I don’t think it was a mistake to let him go.
Would I have been happy to keep him? Sure.
Am I gutted he’s gone? Not really.
If Palmer had had the games that Doku has played he would only have played a handful less than he has so far for Chelsea. I was a bit surprised by Doku's purchase as he does not seem to be a typical Pep player and is far from the finished article.

I can see Doku's potential and am excited to see him develop over the next few seasons but I think Palmer is currently closer to the finished article and would suit our game better playing the role that Mahrez did. Just wish that he could have showed more last season.

Reactions: PPT
He's always reminded me of Chris Waddle in his gait and style. He had a couple of decent cameo's as a sub and in the game against Chelsea last season he was great. I was surprised given Mahrez leaving we decided to sell him but I guess the money was good. If he keeps his head screwed on and keeps developing he could be great. He has something different and is a great striker of the ball. Gone now so we move on.

Spot on. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we were offered good money for a player who allegedly wanted to play more but Pep couldn't guarantee that. Some you win, some you lose, but TBH I don't see any losers in this scenario. We got good money and Chelsea got a good player. Fair deal all round IMHO.

Chelsea and competent striker? We've only had like 5 of those the last 25 years. We're not all blessed with going from Aguero to Haaland.
In fairness Vialli98 we too have had many years without competent strikers far too many to mention before it changed. I recall we played without a striker for almost one season before Haaland signed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.