Cole Palmer

It's not hard to say he's having a fuckin brilliant season and it seems Chelsea have got an absolute bargain. Fair play.
The cynic in me (yes; I know it's hard to imagine me being cynical, but it's true. I can admit it) would say that it's easier to look good in a bang average Chelsea side (if 10th in the table doesn't scream "average", I don't know what does) than it would be in our team of money grabbing mercenaries.

The cynic in me (yes; I know it's hard to imagine me being cynical, but it's true. I can admit it) would say that it's easier to look good in a bang average Chelsea side (if 10th in the table doesn't scream "average", I don't know what does) than it would be in our team of money grabbing mercenaries.
Said it a while back, it reminds me of Zaha at Palace.

Chelsea and competent striker? We've only had like 5 of those the last 25 years. We're not all blessed with going from Aguero to Haaland.
5 since 1999?
Without googling I'm not sure if your moniker (the late Mr Vialli) was pre 1999, so I'm guessing:

1/ My all time favourite non-City player Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank
2/ Zola
3/ Drogba
4/Shevchenko? (world class, but not necessarily at Chelsea)
5/ Gudjohnsen (or was he classed as midfield?)
5/ Torres (see Shevchenko)
6/ Weah (see Shevchenko)

I'm sure I've missed an obvious one post Osgood and Dixon

PS I've attended almost 1500 City games, but the first goal I ever witnessed was scored by Keith Weller in 1971

I think there's so much less structure when playing for Chelsea compared to playing for Pep. Suits him well. Wouldnt get away with some of the stuff he does if in our team.

5 since 1999?
Without googling I'm not sure if your moniker (the late Mr Vialli) was pre 1999, so I'm guessing:

2/ Zola
3/ Drogba
6/ Weah (see Shevchenko)

PS I've attended almost 1500 City games, but the first goal I ever witnessed was scored by Keith Weller in 1971
What about the legend that was David Speedie (aka bee in a jam jar)?

Agree 100 per cent. Chelsea took a punt on him and it has payed off. We have great recruitment and youth development but Palmer is "the one that got away." He has been fantastic for Chelsea and would probably have been first choice for us all season given the injuries we have had. Pep doesn't make many mistakes and there's no point crying over split milk.
Pep hasn’t made a mistake. None of us know what discussions took place but I would imagine he moved on because we wouldn’t guarantee playing time and he figured it would be difficult to get minutes with Doku coming in……

Fair play to him for backing himself at chelsea…

5 since 1999?

2/ Zola
3/ Drogba
6/ Weah (see Shevchenko)

Vialli retired in 99 so he wasn’t included.

Hasselbaink
Gudjohnsen
Drogba
Anelka
Costa

Perhaps you could include Crespo in there. Zola wasn’t much of a striker. He was more a 10, at a push you could say he was a second striker. Flo was a decent striker back in the day but it was pre 2000.

Sheva was pretty underwhelming at Chelsea. As was Torres. Weah was only here for 6 months. Further big money flops were Lukaku, Werner and Morata.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.