Cole Palmer

You may be right but it’s worth pointing out that hopefully we’ll see more of Reece James, Nkunku, Colwill, Lavia etc. There’s a lot of would-be starters who missed significant parts of the season. I honestly think a fit and healthy all season James and Nkunku alone would have us way close to 4th. We’ve managed to claw our way back to 6th/7th without them mostly. I’m not sure these mostly young players’ mentality can judged harshly already.
What would you consider your first eleven, everyone fit?
Similarly, without hindsight, what would it have been at the start of the season as I assume, for example, Gallagher would not have started and probably not even Palmer.

Another brilliant goal by Palmer . I'm puzzled by some fans pointing out his l"ack of defensive work " or as @Sebastian blue points out,his " lack of technical ability "
Bizarre comments about a young player enjoying his 1st full season in the premier league.. ..astonishing that any fan could be so negative in the circumstance..... Great attacking player ,playing for a manager who ...maybe ..does not ask him to track back, lol...,maybe in the same way Ruben dias is not asked to lead the line for us or be our main playmaker?

Best player in the world.

it’s like selling Messi -:)

All jokes aside, he is a good player and we all would rather he was still involved at city but he chose a different path. Ultimately, it was his decision and we got the best fee possible at the time of his development.

Can’t keep them all and we won’t get every decision right. Accept it and move on.

You may be right but it’s worth pointing out that hopefully we’ll see more of Reece James, Nkunku, Colwill, Lavia etc. There’s a lot of would-be starters who missed significant parts of the season. I honestly think a fit and healthy all season James and Nkunku alone would have us way close to 4th. We’ve managed to claw our way back to 6th/7th without them mostly. I’m not sure these mostly young players’ mentality can judged harshly already.
Think Chelsea are capable of top four next season. Will probably be in the title race until Christmas at the very least. Since that 4-2 defeat at Wolves in February, and providing you beat Bournemouth, your record will be P15 W9 D5 L1.

Extrapolated over a full season that's roughly P38 W22 D12 L4. About 75-78 points. Definitely enough for 4th and probably enough for 3rd. Think Palmer will have an "underwhelming" season where he'll still notch 15 goals and 10 assists but the team as a whole will improve and he won't be the main man through which everything runs and the media will carry on with their shit narratives like always, like they do whenever Haaland or Salah don't score 5 goals every game.

Think you can forget Reece James ever being fit enough to be relied upon but Nkunku, Colwill, Lavia, etc. will improve your squad by virtue of being available. A couple of handy additions are all Chelsea need imo. Even without signings your current squad has a first XI strong enough to challenge for CL now they all know each other.

Best player in the world.

it’s like selling Messi -:)

All jokes aside, he is a good player and we all would rather he was still involved at city but he chose a different path. Ultimately, it was his decision and we got the best fee possible at the time of his development.

Can’t keep them all and we won’t get every decision right. Accept it and move on.
That point has been done to death on this thread tbf ....and of course your right. Except he is more than a good player ,much more than that..on current showing ..consistency is his next challenge but being consistent all season perhaps shows ...this may not be a problem for him.

Perhaps this thread should move away from the City perspective.....
Just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.