Cole Palmer

Probably. Nothing we can do about that now. He also might not get better and is having a one off season.
If you look back at Palmers career trajectory ....he has got better consistently from day one
As I said in an earlier post his stats and performances all the way through youth level football were outstanding .

After sitting on our bench as an un used sub 67 times ,perhaps it could be understood why he wanted out, and to play and score like he has done this season,under a manager who a lot of Blues, for some reason , don't rate , is outstanding .. I think he will be just as effective next season with a more settled side around him, he was shining in a patchwork chelsea team which had 15 injuries at the start of the season, and still continues to shine with a much more settled side at the end ...i really dont see any basis for the
" he might not get any better " view. We will see.

This is one determined confident ( arrogant ?) player who knows his worth even if others don't.
As I said at the start of the season....I think he has the potential to be one of the best players on the planet, and form wise, as we speak , he is arguably in that bracket. To advance from our subs bench to become the 2nd top scorer behind Haaland is progress indeed.
Why would that progress stop?

All those posters who were saying" he's not that good" ,have gone a little quiet now, and maybe will be 're evaluating how they rate players .maybe...look a little closer.., lol.

If you look back at Palmers career trajectory ....he has got better consistently from day one
As I said in an earlier post his stats and performances all the way through youth level football were outstanding .

After sitting on our bench as an un used sub 67 times ,perhaps it could be understood why he wanted out, and to play and score like he has done this season,under a manager who a lot of Blues, for some reason , don't rate , is outstanding .. I think he will be just as effective next season with a more settled side around him, he was shining in a patchwork chelsea team which had 15 injuries at the start of the season, and still continues to shine with a much more settled side at the end ...i really dont see any basis for the
" he might not get any better " view. We will see.

This is one determined confident ( arrogant ?) player who knows his worth even if others don't.
As I said at the start of the season....I think he has the potential to be one of the best players on the planet, and form wise, as we speak , he is arguably in that bracket. To advance from our subs bench to become the 2nd top scorer behind Haaland is progress indeed.
Why would that progress stop?

All those posters who were saying" he's not that good" ,have gone a little quiet now, and maybe will be 're evaluating how they rate players .maybe...look a little closer.., lol.
No point denying it. Palmer is playing very well and is having a very good season.

Some players work out and some don’t, look at KDB when he was at Chelsea.

The club can’t do anything about it now apart from buying him back but even then he dosent want to be part of the rotation policy at city.

The mistake on our part if you want to call it that is not giving him more minutes. Although how could we after coming off a treble campaign?

It would have been better for city if he had of waited and gave us another season to integrate him into the 1st 11.

Timing is everything and we might have gotten this one wrong. Again tho, what can we do about it now? Nothing so no point getting upset the player is doing well.

Still maintain he would not have stayed unless he was getting Foden minutes. The process we have to integrate the academy players is pretty good. Sancho before him don’t want to wait either.

It dosent bother me how good he is or isn’t. Palmer forced the club into a decision and that’s that.

Last edited:
No point denying it. Palmer is playing very well and is having a very good season.

Some players work out and some don’t, look at KDB when he was at Chelsea.

The club can’t do anything about it now apart from buying him back but even then he dosent want to be part of the rotation policy at city.

The mistake in our part if you want to call it that is not giving him more minutes. Although how could we after coming off a treble campaign?

It would have been better for city if he had of waited and gave us another season to integrate him into the 1st 11.

Timing is everything and we might have gotten this one wrong. Again tho, what can we do about it now? Nothing so no point getting upset the player is doing well.

Still maintain he would not have stayed unless he was getting Foden minutes. The process we have to integrate the academy players is pretty good. Sancho before him don’t want to wait either.

It dosent bother me how good he is or isn’t. Palmer forced the club into a decision and that’s that.
Academy lads, who want to stay at City and fight for a place in the squad, and, eventually, the team, must know they have to be patient.

They will have seen how Foden's playing time gradually increased, and the same thing is happening with Lewis, even more recently, Bobb.

As Pep said about Rico, all he is lacking is experience. The lad clearly realises he has to be patient and hopefully, he will continue to be. One of his many strengths is his versatility. He looks equally at home as a right-back, a defensive midfielder and in a more attacking rôle, Gündoğan-style, which incidentally, I think will turn out to be his most position.

After two years continually warming the bench, with very playing time, I don’t blame Cole for wanting a move. I was disappointed that he left, but bringing in Doku for a nett £12 million has more than made up for my disappointment.

Academy lads, who want to stay at City and fight for a place in the squad, and, eventually, the team, must know they have to be patient.

They will have seen how Foden's playing time gradually increased, and the same thing is happening with Lewis, even more recently, Bobb.

As Pep said about Rico, all he is lacking is experience. The lad clearly realises he has to be patient and hopefully, he will continue to be. One of his many strengths is his versatility. He looks equally at home as a right-back, a defensive midfielder and in a more attacking rôle, Gündoğan-style, which incidentally, I think will turn out to be his most position.

After two years continually warming the bench, with very playing time, I don’t blame Cole for wanting a move. I was disappointed that he left, but bringing in Doku for a nett £12 million has more than made up for my disappointment.
If we had any idea he was going to be this good I’m sure he would still be at city.

He didn’t want to stay and actually wanted out the season before.

Shame but it’s done now. Chavs won’t be selling him unless he wants to leave. Playing for a team with nothing to play for is also a lot different from playing with a team expected to win everything. It will be interesting to watch his development as Chelsea get better next season.

Yeah, because we’ve had a shit season without Cole, haven’t we?

Give Doku a chance; he’s a young lad (admittedly, only three weeks younger than Palmer) in his first season in a new country, and speaking a second or third language, trying to learn what is probably the most complex system in world football.

I think Jérémy has had a great season with us. He causes panic is opposition defences, and in case you missed it, he won the penalty that made the game against Tottenham safe.

I’m sick to death of posters moaning and criticising players in their first season with us. It happens far too frequently. Rodri, Mahrez, Grealish, etc.

Will people never learn?
Not criticising Doku just think Palmer may be better long- term. I didn’t miss the penalty as I was there. Doku causes havoc with his pace and will get better.

Not criticising Doku just think Palmer may be better long- term. I didn’t miss the penalty as I was there. Doku causes havoc with his pace and will get better.
Fwiw he would only have got minutes out wide for us as Mahrezs replacement which is not his forte.
Looks more comfortable in midfield but he's not getting in ahead of KDB ,Bernie or Phil.
Doku has had only 9 months with Pep and has shown flashes of real quality and progression in my opinion.Having said that can't deny Palmers surprised me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.