Cole Palmer

I disagree. Palmer works hard off the ball, and from a Quick Look- the underlying numbers back that up. Selling him on the last day of the window, no less, was plain idiotic.
I think the underlying data is that Chelsea struggled overall, conceding a lot of chances down his side (not that he was their only issue defensively, by any means, but people continue to ignore him as a factor).

Absolutely brilliant attacker on his day, but I have never been convinced he could actually consistently play in a Pep side, when control of the ball and working hard off it is demanded at all times, regardless of your attacking contribution.

Absolutely brilliant attacker on his day, but I have never been convinced he could actually consistently play in a Pep side, when control of the ball and working hard off it is demanded at all times, regardless of your attacking contribution.
If Foden can match the standard that Pep demands, then Palmer can, too.

If Foden can match the standard that Pep demands, then Palmer can, too.
I am not sure how that works, as they are different players, with different styles. One doing it doesn’t mean they other will (or would want to do so).

He’ll have a better international career than Foden, seems to have that confidence on the international stage that Foden for some reason just doesn’t.

He’ll have a better international career than Foden, seems to have that confidence on the international stage that Foden for some reason just doesn’t.
I think that will be true if Southgate gets a lifetime contract.

Or maybe Foden isn’t allowed to express his talents? Ffs, you’ve watched him in a city shirt haven’t you? Don’t talk fucking wet

4 goals in 41 caps is piss poor from Foden, and 2 of them came years ago against Iceland. You can’t keep blaming Southgate for Foden doing nothing at international level.

4 goals in 41 caps is piss poor from Foden, and 2 of them came years ago against Iceland. You can’t keep blaming Southgate for Foden doing nothing at international level.
You can when he is played out of position (in his worst attacking position at that), covering a very poor wingback also out of position, and as a water carrier for a largely ineffectual no 10 that seems to hate him for 5 of the 7 matches of a tournament.

But this is really a discussion for another thread.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.