Cole Palmer

Reflecting on the move to Chelsea during a January interview with Sky Sports, Palmer said: "My thing was never to leave City. That was not my intention [to leave]. I wanted to go on loan for a year, come back and be ready for the first team but he [Guardiola] said I can't go on loan. You either 'stay or you get sold.'

I think that settles it
I wonder why Pep only went the ‘2 option’ route when the club have a successful record of development roles for numerous players ?

Additionally, why were Chelsea apparently the only club interested Palmer ?

All clubs would’ve been aware of him......so why only Chelsea and why so quickly ?

I wonder why Pep only went the ‘2 option’ route when the club have a successful record of development roles for numerous players ?

Additionally, why were Chelsea apparently the only club interested Palmer ?

All clubs would’ve been aware of him......so why only Chelsea and why so quickly ?
He's gone.

Let it go.

I wish him all the best in his career.

According to Moyes deal was done and dusted for him to go to West Ham but Chelsea gazumped at the last minute
Thoughts after the fact -:

Could he/would he have broken through and got the minutes he needed to establish himself at City and why the no loan option to gauge his progress elsewhere....ie West Ham ?

On the face of it we adopted a completely different policy for him than most of the other CFA lads.

Lads gonna be a superstar
We dropped a bollock not giving him more minutes earlier
Shit happens and we make mistakes
We will cope

Everyone is reading too much in to it.

Cole wanted to go on loan (Burnley would have been the destination) pep said no. City said fine we want £50 mill Chelsea made their offer City and Cole said yes so off he went to Chelsea.

And I for one couldn't be happier for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.