Cole Palmer

I reckon that one day, someone on here will reveal that Palmer wanted to leave, so we agreed and sold him...

Reflecting on the move to Chelsea during a January interview with Sky Sports, Palmer said: "My thing was never to leave City. That was not my intention [to leave]. I wanted to go on loan for a year, come back and be ready for the first team but he [Guardiola] said I can't go on loan. You either 'stay or you get sold.'

I think that settles it

Reflecting on the move to Chelsea during a January interview with Sky Sports, Palmer said: "My thing was never to leave City. That was not my intention [to leave]. I wanted to go on loan for a year, come back and be ready for the first team but he [Guardiola] said I can't go on loan. You either 'stay or you get sold.'

I think that settles it

Think I had posted this earlier on for the full interview which indeed seems to confirm his reluctance to leave permanently.

Guess it's time to put the smear campaign against him to rest
We had obviously marked a career path out for him but he wanted to do his own thing. That's fair enough from both sides. We got decent money for him and his move has, so far, worked out well for him. I suspect that if he'd stayed it would be a quite different story but we'll never know for sure.

A move that ultimately suited all parties. I bear him no ill-will but he's not a City player now so don't really care one way or the other how it works out for him.

Last edited:
We had obviously marked a career path out for him but he wanted to do his own thing. That's fair enough from both sides. We got decent money for him and his move has, so far, worked out well for him. I suspect that if he's stayed' it would be a quite different story but we'll never know for sure.

A move that ultimately suited all parties. I bear him no ill-will but he's not a City player now so don't really care one way or the other how it works out for him.
Well said.

This thread should be locked otherwise his fanboys will still be using it when he scores a penalty against Ipswich to bemoan the fact he's gone.

The decision to sell him and then sounk all of the money on Nunes, was criminal.

Last summer was a shit show and now Txici appears to be gun shy, hence no activity.
I thought Doku was the replacement!

In regards to Nunes, let's see what his performances are like for the first half of this season, when he's had his year and a bit to "bed in"

Which player do you think has the higher ceiling?
Doku.

He has impressed me in his first year under Pep, and it usually takes players a full season to get up to speed with the system.

He is lightning quick, and yes he does run into blind alleys sometimes, but already defenders are shit-scared of his speed.

He is only 22, so should have years of improvement in him. I think he will really fly next season.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.