Cole Palmer

Didn’t he want to leave as well?
Yes but for some reason they don't talk about him.
I have no problem with any player leaving but the amount of moaning over Palmer leaving is laughable.
Mahrez one of our legends left and nobody moaned about him going despite being a lot better player than Palmer.

Going by the Euros we made a bigger mistake in letting Laporte go.
Why does no one mention this.
He had a very good tournament but you know Peps policy re players who want to leave.

Would he replace Stones,Ruben,Akanji or Guardiol now ?

Good player ....Good business.

Be interesting to see if he returns to Europe and where.

I have no problem with any player leaving but the amount of moaning over Palmer leaving is laughable.
Mahrez one of our legends left and nobody moaned about him going despite being a lot better player than Palmer.
......and 10 years older.

I’m sure you have worked out that the reason there is such a fuss about Cole is because he came through the Academy.

Can we just say we fecked it up (it was actually Pep or Txiki even more realistically, because it looked we urgently needed money) and move on, he is not our player any more and that's it.

Can we just say we fecked it up (it was actually Pep or Txiki even more realistically, because it looked we urgently needed money) and move on, he is not our player any more and that's it.
No. He struggled with the first team in the Premier League. Palmer's best performances in a a City shirt was in the cups.

With his age and injury profile we would have needed a back-up soon - if not this year, last year. He had a great Euros and was a great servant to the club regardless.
I could be mistaken but think he felt he'd never fully recovered from the injury? Didn't feel he could do full justice to the job at City. Agreed, he served us well and owes nothing. Would welcome him back to the stadium any time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.