Cole Palmer

In retrospect he should have gone on loan last season but if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

Two goals in the games he has played so far is something to build on and given the absence of KDB will mean Bernado and Foden are likely to play centrally more than wide I think he should stick around at least until Xmas.

Local lads with his level of talent should not be discarded lightly. He just needs to show determination and I think he will make the grade.
HE wants to leave to play regularly, that is the issue.

Understandable but sadly he will not get that in our side.

Several levels ahead.

Several levels is a bit of an exaggeration. If palmer was playing for Brighton or another side I have no doubt we’d probably be interested in him and there would be more hype.

Palmer has more potential than Doku for me

Doku can play left. Wouldn't surprise me if Jack played a little deeper to accomodate him there. No need for Cole to rush off anywhere.

jack can warm the bench until he learns how to cross beyond the first man and shoot without it being blocked or straight at the keeper.
Well yes love Jack the bloke and the work and spirit he's got but was watching Doku shift it in ti his right, he moves it across several yards so the defender can't get near it I sit in line with where jack often is and he barely shifts it across at all so not a coincidence it gets blocked a lot ino. Think he would be great deeper but that's a separate discussion.

Several levels is a bit of an exaggeration. If palmer was playing for Brighton or another side I have no doubt we’d probably be interested in him and there would be more hype.

You havnt seen enough of doku clearly if you think palmer has more potential

plus send him to Rennes for a season I expect he would be matching if not exceeding Doku, the french league has a lack of defensive and offensive effort, with a much lower level of physicality and intensity within the league

plus send him to Rennes for a season I expect he would be matching if not exceeding Doku, the french league has a lack of defensive and offensive effort, with a much lower level of physicality and intensity within the league
I've not seen anything of Doku bar youtube clips.

He's now the new shiny toy,it seems.
He may be an instant hit,he may not too.

Palmer needs a run of matches,he's shown in flashes, he has enough talent.
He might have to go elsewhere to prove it, unfortunately.

If Doku has a sticky start to his new career here,like Jack had, there will be some writing him off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.