Cole Palmer

This is as stupid to me as Chelsea selling Mount was.

It puts huge pressure on Doku as he is now our only back up winger and his signing has pushed out a local academy product.

Good luck to him. I've always liked the lad and just felt the only thing holding him back was a lack of confidence from a lack of game time.

That said, City is a business, and sentiment doesn't balance books! If the figure we could receive is anything like the price being muted, then this is astonishing business. When our academy was created, I realised we would almost never produce a 1st team player. From the onset, I knew it was about producing saleable assets and this last 2 year's trading is testament to that.

Will this result in younger players not wanting the City youth career path? Not a chance, because even if they don't make it at City, they are gold dust to other teams! Seriously, I cannot remember so many players being sold, with so little 1st team experience, for so much money anywhere in the world. This business acumen alone means we are not only now self sustaining, but on an untouchable rocket speed trajectory. Frankly the rest of the league has been left scratching its head with their pants around their ankles. Long live the American ownership model I say!
Cracking post mate and absolutely spot on.

Good luck to the lad, but I don’t think he would have ever been a regular first team starter. That’s a great transfer fee for him. Another Txiki masterclass. Who’s the f*cking transfer Daddy!

Sorry to see him leave, but not sure he would be as good as Mahrez. Sterling is playing well again at Chelsea, so he might find himself on the bench at Chelsea too. Great money for us though, and if Nunes turns out to be a good signing, a great bit of business.

Does anybody have any proof of this so called bad attitude?
Chelsea reportedly walked away from Lyon’s Cherki because of their ‘attitude’ concerns, though they were still being linked with him as late as yesterday. Would be strange if they then turned to Palmer if he too had ‘attitude’ concerns. Not sure where these mischievous rumours start.

It puts huge pressure on Doku as he is now our only back up winger and his signing has pushed out a local academy product.

With the rags paying £60m for Mount, I very much doubt that Chelsea could believe their fucking luck !

From what I've seen of Palmer, I think we've got a good deal.

For the club to have accepted it, he obviously wanted out, but I'm not sure why he'd choose Chelsea. Feels like a bad career move to me and he'd have been better off to a mid-table side (I know Chelsea were last season) where he'd get a lot more game time. Best of luck to him, but I don't think this will be our Salah/KdB moment.

Um, Mount is terrible and just like with Palmer, the rags overpaid with like 30 mil... 45 mil for a boy with 19 apps... come on man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.