Cole Palmer

Awful decision on a 7 year deal and on big money, hmmm not so sure.
That’s kind of the point though - he could’ve easily made mega money sat on the bench at City while scooping up trophies.

He claimed he was desperate to play, and with this Chelsea side it’s just as likely that he gets replaced in January or next summer like Madueke who he has just replaced after 6 months

A lot of people will say attitude simply because we bought Doku and he wanted out, I have no idea, but i will say your manager demands work rate and commitment, work rate is the reason he has not started more here, and commitment can be seen in his transfer request after city signed Doku. as good as he is, and he is good, what happens when your manager wants a Milner type.
Or he wanted out so we bought Doku?

Are you saying he has attitude problems? I’ve seen Don Hutchinson insinuate something like that on ESPN.
Never met Palmer or heard him say anything like that myself, but others say different. \0/

What's more telling is how willing City were to sell him. He asked for more game time or to leave on loan apparently, so Pep told him he could leave, but it would be permanent. Cole's fate was sealed when City set about acquiring Doku.

Cole's a great player to have when you're winning a game by a distance & it's essentially attack vs defence.

Where Cole failed imo is when we were in serious matches where we had to defend, retain possession, & make our attacks count.

On that basis he made 27 appearances for City last season & failed to impress at all.

The season before last, he was used as a last 15-20 min substitute in matches we were winning by a big margin. He'd come on & look seriously dangerous.

However, in proper matches where he started last season, he looked distinctly average & had little physical impact on the game. In some he actually looked like a newly born giraffe in a bull ring & had zero effect.

Season 2022/23 was his make or break, & he failed to make an impact when given several opportunities to stake his first team claim. In fact, we immediately looked way better when he was withdrawn in the matches he started.

To then start demanding more playing time would've been waving a red rag to Pep. There was only ever gonna be one winner, & it was only ever gonna end one way.

Good luck for the future Cole...

I think a move to London for him is perfect tbh, wasn’t gonna get the chances at City I feel, younger and lesser squad at Chelsea to break into and most importantly, it’s away from any outside noise in Manchester.

I played against Cole and his mates at 6 a side when he was in the first team and was supposed to be injured. Seems like he’s easily influenced.

I think being away from his mates and family is probably a good thing, time to grow up, sink or swim.

Wish him all the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.