Cole Palmer

If Cole reaches his potential & thats a big if at the moment, then it would be one of the very few sales that could be seen as a regret. I'm struggling to think of any player we have sold who has gone on to be a success.

Plenty have gone on to be very successful, clubs get good value buying from us in general. We just haven't missed anyone we sold with the arguable exception of Leroy.

If Cole reaches his potential & thats a big if at the moment, then it would be one of the very few sales that could be seen as a regret. I'm struggling to think of any player we have sold who has gone on to be a success.
One could argue that Stefan Savic has had a jolly successful career, though I don’t regret him leaving. However, I think the brick we did drop was with Douglas Luiz. I fully understand that the circumstances were tricky at the time, but for me he is the Franz von Werra of the modern era.

We don't drop too many clangers in the transfer department and this isn't one.
Cole is a class player and I wish him every success in the future.
The juggernaut that is Manchester City will keep on moving forward and collecting silverware as it goes

One could argue that Stefan Savic has had a jolly successful career, though I don’t regret him leaving. However, I think the brick we did drop was with Douglas Luiz. I fully understand that the circumstances were tricky at the time, but for me he is the Franz von Werra of the modern era.
We couldn't get a work permit & cant remember if this was before or after signing Rodri, thought it was before

Player-looks-better-in-a-team-that's-worse-than-the-one-he-left shocker.

Brilliant player, lovely to watch but what he did for us didn't warrant a starting space. Look at what Doku has done with the same type of minutes - essentially forced himself into being a starter.

An example being Tuesday. Doku had 10 minutes on the pitch to make his mark - he had 6 successful dribbles and was a threat every time he got it. Palmer had a few of those opportunities and never put a stamp on the game.

He's great. There'll be plenty of pundits and neutrals who will think we dropped a bollock but not IMO we didn't. Not when you think we wouldn't have Doku had he stayed. I know which one I'd rather have...

Plenty have gone on to be very successful, clubs get good value buying from us in general. We just haven't missed anyone we sold with the arguable exception of Leroy.
Not sales as they were at the end of contract, but I think Milner was missed and Gundogan will be.

City will be seeding the leagues of Europe with young players of various quality for many years to come, it's a question of minimising the loss of the top top ones. I don't think Palmer was.

We couldn't get a work permit & cant remember if this was before or after signing Rodri, thought it was before
We could not beforehand and Villa signed him in the summer of 2019, subject to obtaining one, which they did, with Rodri signing for us that same summer; we also had Fernandinho on the books at the time. Notwithstanding, it was evident that he would develop into a top player, was eminently suitable to our style of play, and we knew Fernandinho’s powers were waning.

He was at best a prospect in a City team.
In a Chelsea team he is a superstar.

Says it all.
Levels.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.