Cole Palmer

We have to suck this one up, we made a mistake letting him go
He’s a better player than Alvarez and Doku and would have got plenty of game time this season

Not sure if he decided to go as Pep said or if the club pushed him when receiving a 45m pound offer

There’s a lot of fucking hindsight being applied here regarding Cole Palmer. I think there was general surprise that Chelsea were paying as much as £45m for him at the time; I really wanted him to do well at City but it didn’t look likely tbh. Maybe wasn’t suited to being a Pep player and perhaps the fact you can do what you want at chelsea under Pochettino really suits him. But those who are saying we shouldn’t have sold him now can point to their posts saying the same in August
Feel free to search posts under 'Palmer' from Feb 22 by me.....he looked the best prospect since Foden imo (Bobb possibly in future) and far better than Doku, but it matters not, as he wanted to go....he believed and backed himself, and he's proving it......hopefully he'll have a shite game at the w/end though!

It would be nice to get more penaltites in a season. Haaland would have few more if we did and none of this nonsense League 2 striker comparison.

We're still competing for a treble due to the decisions this club makes week in week out. Our academy is class and this is what happens when you can't play them all. It was the right decision at the time. £45m for a player getting little minutes is too good to say no to. Especially for a player that doesn't want to fight for his place in a team fighting for every title.

Our worst player would be most teams best player. The levels are different at our club. 9th place would be unacceptable here, at Chelsea it's accepted.

It happened with Sancho and Brahim and it will happen many more times. City will still be competing for trophies though.

Do penalties not count now? It’s a skill in itself to score nine penalties. If it was that easy other players would have done it. He’s scored important goals in huge games consistently.
Not having a pop at you but what huge games has he scored for Chelsea in...in fact what huge games have Chelsea had.
I like Palmer and think he's a good player but he wouldn't get half the space he gets if he played for us as teams set up completely differently.
But I agree he does take a good penalty and it's a good asset for a player.

Good luck to the lad. He's gone to a club that's treading water and he's keeping them afloat. We're not missing him because he wasn't a starter for pep for one reason or another.
Maybe if he'd stayed another year he might have broke into the starting 11 but it's obvious he wanted to play every week.
No biggie.

Maybe time to lock this thread because Palmer is a Chelsea player and we're just saying the same things, especially when he's had a good game.
Wholeheartedly agree.

Though, not sure locking this thread will solve that problem. Reckon the debate will just flow out to many other threads, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.