Colin Bell's beef with City

Colin Bell is a very quiet, modest bloke but he was sacked by Franny Lee as Youth Development Officer.

The two were never really great mates as they were polar opposites but Bell had gone to see Lee about conflicts he was having with Neil McNab, who was one of the coaches. This ended in the sacking of Bell (and someone else) and Colin was aggrieved that (a) it happened and (b) Franny Lee never did it himself or contacted him. He asked for a cap back that he'd loaned to the City museum.

Colin would have nothing to do with the club while Franny was there and I'm still not sure if they're on speaking terms.

Franny's a great bloke in many ways but quite ruthless and vindictive in others. This was one example, plus the condition of selling his shares to Thaksin was that Dennis Tueart was sacked as a director. His beef with Dennis was over the Wardle/Makin takeover, where Tueart was supposedly Makin's hatchet man.

I admired both Franny Lee and Colin Bell as a youngster, they were awesome and I was privilidged to have the honour of seeing them both play for City and England.

I hold them both in equal esteem.

Pity if they did fall out as has been documented in this thread.

Never mind life goes on and there are much bigger things to concern myself with, things such as where am I going to get my cup final tickets from??

oakiecokie said:
the goats backside said:
Delete thread

Agree !!!
Extremely suprised that some "City" fans don`t have any awareness about King Colin and even less about Tueart and why he "left" the scene !!

Why delete the thread though lads....? This forum is a form of knowledge sharing for those that dont know everything that has gone on in the club, I don't think there has been too many (if any) disrespectful comments? Has there?

california blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Agree !!!
Extremely suprised that some "City" fans don`t have any awareness about King Colin and even less about Tueart and why he "left" the scene !!

ooooooo get you

the old "im a bigger city fan than you" bollocks

No were both bigger and wiser than falling into stupidity

california blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Agree !!!

ooooooo get you

As you point out BOLLOCKS.
But why name a stand after the legendary man,if he had a fall out with the Club ??
Its called homework my friend !!

oakiecokie said:
But why name a stand after the legendary man,if he had a fall out with the Club ??
He fell out with Franny Lee, rather than the club. Colin Bell never fell out of love with Manchester City. Those were horrible days in our history and can't be airbrushed out of that history. However storeis like that should serve to remind us of how far we've moved on.

oakiecokie said:
california blue said:
ooooooo get you

As you point out BOLLOCKS.
Its called homework my friend !!

It's clear based on comments in here that CB did have a falling out with the club at one stage, also that he is a shy and unassuming guy and sometimes that can be construed as being off handed or aloof.

I think the original question is valid and the responses have been informative.

I also think there is no question that CB is held in the absolute highest esteem by the club this is reflected,as you point out, that they have named a stand after him - quite an accolade.

I dont tunderstand why you want the thread deleted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.