Colin Bell's beef with City

bakerdave76 said:
Colin Bell - Reluctant Hero, his autobiography says it all he is a very quiet /shy person good read !
This. He also says in the book about settling out of court for unfair dismissal because he didn't want to bad mouth the club in public which a few nowadays could learn from. Always has been shy and says so in his book about hating to have to meet guests at his bell waldorf restaurant during his playing days. Good book if a bit boring, intresting read about him but don't expect scandal cause there ain't none. Don't think he has too many bad words to say about people just accepts people are different and doesn't really judge them

fbloke said:
Not having a go at anyone here but there are many more people following City nowadays who were not able to follow stories like this 'as the developed' so they perhaps get the wrong end of many sticks?

Us old feckers are here to put meat on the bones of the last few years perhaps?

Maybe, but the subject line and original post, suggest he still doesn't get on with the club, when the truth is he's an ambassador for it, something which is easy enough to know, or find out.

It just seems like an excuse for another negative thread to me, to suggest Colin doesn't get on with the club.

Prestwich_Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
But why name a stand after the legendary man,if he had a fall out with the Club ??
He fell out with Franny Lee, rather than the club. Colin Bell never fell out of love with Manchester City. Those were horrible days in our history and can't be airbrushed out of that history. However storeis like that should serve to remind us of how far we've moved on.

PB I`m in agreement with you.
I was picking up on the point which someone else used.
I was asking if CB had fallen out with the Club,would they have named a stand after him.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 am --<br /><br />
fbloke said:
cleavers said:
Agreed, you'd go a long way to meet a nicer ex player, still involved with the club.

Is this another WUM topic ?

Not having a go at anyone here but there are many more people following City nowadays who were not able to follow stories like this 'as the developed' so they perhaps get the wrong end of many sticks?

Hence my response to others who I thought would have known the story.

cleavers said:
fbloke said:

Maybe, but the subject line and original post, suggest he still doesn't get on with the club, when the truth is he's an ambassador for it, something which is easy enough to know, or find out.

It just seems like an excuse for another negative thread to me, to suggest Colin doesn't get on with the club.

It matters less how a thread starts but more where it goes and how it ends.

I think the people who know more (I dont include myself in that BTW) are able to put things in order.

i dont think Lee and Bell are on speaking terms, Bell does alot of side work for a company in town, or the charities they run, he lives next door to the chairman, he was guest at a dinner last year at Lancs, no coincedence as soon as he found out Lee was coming, he couldnt "make it" but sent on his best regards, i've never met him, but my friend is quite close with him, just because he doesnt like his face on ssn every other week, doesnt mean he thinks himself anymore than anybody else.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Dennis Tueart? mmmmmmmmmm, don't think so.
As for bell, he should take that rather large chip he carries on his shoulder and have it surgically removed, buzzer deserves everything he reaps, top bloke, never been aloof and certainly never gotten above his station.

So what "chip" would that be,oh wise one ?????????????

bluwes said:
He fell out with Franny Lee, when he was chairman, and took back his England caps which were on display at Maine Rd.

Thats all in the past, as he is now a regular in the corporate lounges on match day

That's right ...

his 'beef' was with Franny Lee , who was chairman at the time ..... although whether they've now kissed and made up i don't know ...... as far as i know Bell is working as ambassador for the club and is quite happy.

As far as Tueart is concerned .... i think he's the one with a bit of 'beef' against the club now , he feels he was just discarded by City without any real feeling for the years he'd put in.

black mamba said:
As far as Tueart is concerned .... i think he's the one with a bit of 'beef' against the club now , he feels he was just discarded by City without any real feeling for the years he'd put in.

Even his "beef" was with the Shinawatra owned City, not the Mansour owned City, I'm sure he's been at games since the ADUG take over.

cleavers said:
black mamba said:

Even his "beef" was with the Shinawatra owned City, not the Mansour owned City, I'm sure he's been at games since the ADUG take over.
Specifically with Franny Lee, who allegedly demanded his sacking as a condition of selling his shares.

cleavers said:
black mamba said:

One of the unforeseen and unheralded benefits of having one owner is the fact that the in-fighting can stop.

For the first time in possibly 40+ years City are working to one agenda. Irrespective of the owners wealth that alone is of huge importance.

Add in the fact that the current board are streets ahead in terms of quality and funding of any owners in the world and we might just get to see FHL and CB back together.

Personally I would like to see Neil Young closer to the club as well.

But thats another thorny issue......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.