Colin Shindler in the Mail

fluffy_blue said:
cleavers said:
The Anti Jewish comments have been deleted, don't post any more please, call the guy a c*nt if you like but leave the anti Jewish stuff out, its not for this website.

Thanks.

So you are calling me anti-Jewish because I wrote the following:
He is not giving any specific reason why he thinks that the current club is 'rotten at the core'. Maybe its because he is a religious jew and the owners are religious arab muslims. If that is the case I think that there is no place at our club for thinking like that.

I would like to apologise if I somehow offended any people by the above comments. I am certainly not anti-jewish and was drawing a parallel with the happenings in the middle east and the fact that Shindler goes at great lengths to highlight his jewish roots in his article.

I would also like to call Cleavers an arrogant, power-tripping twat of the highest order for calling me anti-jewish.

I'm livid, i'm on my way to tell rabi goldstein, its a disgrace..... pmsl

Newlunar said:
If you think his books are boring wait until you see his film. Something about a piece of paper with his grocery requirements on it.

Yawn.

Have to say I have the BBC 2 Film on video of `Manchester United ruined my life' and the part where the City fan tells the story of his son dieing of a brain tumour on the day City win promotion at Bradford would have anyone in tears.The guy says he felt ashamed that on the worst day of his life he was still happy that City had won promotion.We then pan to Zoe Ball who gives a great contrasting performance of a definitive Pink.

The soul of this club is the fans not the other stuff that goes on and we will always be here so for that reason he is talking balls.

mcnil said:
Now we have a chance of doing something he has realised there are better writers out there who will have something good to write about and he will no longer be the guy who writes books about city. gary james is far more accomplished as an author and a propper blue to boot.
Thanks for the positive comment about me. It's very much appreciated. At times like this it's very easy to 'sell' a story to a newspaper knocking City but much less easy selling one in support. When I left the Club earlier this year I was approached by a few journalists keen on me 'digging the dirt'. I could easily have given stories etc. but I wouldn't do it. I love City and as all true supporters know we may sometimes have disagreements with the manager, owner, players, directors, catering staff, fellow fans etc. but ultimately our support of City overrides everything else.

Personally, I have held discussions (and interviewed all but the last 2) with every one of our Chairmen since 1972 and I have to say that I am very impressed with Khaldoon. I believe we are in a much stronger position now than at any time since the late 1970s. Football's changed and times have changed. Now after twenty years of near wilderness activity we seem to have a bright future.

What a rubbish article by Colin Shindler in todays Daily Mail.
He does not like the new owners .I suppose if you are Jewish you are not going to like Arabs owning the club.
He has made a lot of money from writing about City and now he is not happy .
I have been supporting City since 1952 when I lived on maine road outside the ground I have never known such excitment for years .I was not happy when George Poyser was made manager , but it did not stop me from going and like all City fans would still go to see them if they were in the conference.
I wonder if he got paid for the article in the Mail.

gordo eddie said:
.I suppose if you are Jewish you are not going to like Arabs owning the club.

i'm Jewish and i couldn't give a fuck who owned the club-provided they help[ us win something- so be careful with your sweeping statements. If i dislike someone it's not coz of their religion- it's coz i don't like them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.