Collective Grievance At Work

You're not considering applying for a job in the diplomatic corps, I presume?
I once spoke out at a meeting with the HR and Operation’s Director’s about conditions being imposed on us at work. There were 5 others who did the same job in different areas of the UK. We had all agreed to back each other up, once I’d said my piece, not one of the others spoke up.

So after the meeting I told them all what I thought about them, mainly they were a bunch of shithouses. I got made redundant a few months later so I made a point of ringing everyone of them (and others) on my wife’s phone and told them what a bunch of cunts they were. Made me feel much better.

I also managed to weedle a few extra grand on my redundancy package as I had some really damming information on some stunts that had been pulled, had to sign a NDA which they give me an extra £500 to do as well.

So no, probably not suited to diplomacy but I’ve mellowed in my later years.

I once spoke out at a meeting with the HR and Operation’s Director’s about conditions being imposed on us at work. There were 5 others who did the same job in different areas of the UK. We had all agreed to back each other up, once I’d said my piece, not one of the others spoke up.

So after the meeting I told them all what I thought about them, mainly they were a bunch of shithouses. I got made redundant a few months later so I made a point of ringing everyone of them (and others) on my wife’s phone and told them what a bunch of cunts they were. Made me feel much better.

I also managed to weedle a few extra grand on my redundancy package as I had some really damming information on some stunts that had been pulled, had to sign a NDA which they give me an extra £500 to do as well.

So no, probably not suited to diplomacy but I’ve mellowed in my later years.
You've mellowed?

i thought this was going to be a thread about everybody at your workplace being really upset about the death of a colleague.
I shared a hospital ward with one of our senior judge’s husband when I was seriously ill.

She’d told an usher I was “in a bad way” and that got back to colleagues that I was on deaths door.

I don’t think anyone at work has died yet…

Fuck me, who are the two who thought sitting down with the lad, with a written letter signed by the department; wouldn't be escalating the issue?!

As all the sane people in this thread have said, go to the line manager and let them deal with it. If they don't deal with it, then you work at a shit hole that's probably best being out of anyway.

I shared a hospital ward with one of our senior judge’s husband when I was seriously ill.

She’d told an usher I was “in a bad way” and that got back to colleagues that I was on deaths door.
i can but imagine the collective looks of disappointment the day you returned to work.

i understood what you were saying, but grammatically you're all over the shop :)

i think it should've been more like...
"... one of our senior judges' husbands..."

but that still sounds a bit wrong.
probably would've been easier to say
"... the husband of one of our senior judges..."

mp__grammar_nazi_by_itanimajere_d1wjiid-fullview.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.