Cologne, Germany

Cheers for the heads up lads, will try a few of these beer places. Any more food places welcome, as my Mrs is European and doesn't drink.

Wood smoked Salmon on the Christmas markets is superb last 2 years have been by the ice rink

I like the Gaffel am Dom - there is one entrance opposite the Hauptbahnhof, and another across the road from the Cathedral.

Gaffel is a brand of Kölsch (basically lager to you and me) which does get served in the small 0.2l glasses, but you'll be given another before you finish so its essentially just a constant stream of cold beer. Its always busy in there and they do good traditional German food too.

The Früh am Dom mentioned previously is excellent too.

Wood smoked Salmon on the Christmas markets is superb last 2 years have been by the ice rink

Seconded. Believe it's called flamlachs.

There's also a mulled wine version with rum and molten sugar which is delicious.

The Christmas market on the river near the Lindt factory/museum offers some fish options if you get fed up of typical market food.

If you are doing shopping remember in Germany shops close on a Sunday.
I loved Cologne but I like visiting art galleries and churches and Cologne has one of the great cathedrals to visit.

And yer can still put yer fingers in the bullet holes from WW2! Unless there has been an EU directive re bullet holes in cathredral stones having to be filled in just in case anyone fell down one!

Is there Currywurst? Had several helpings of that in Berlin.

Currywurst is a staple of German fast food, you will get it everywhere in Germany. ;)

If you want to try something fancy in Cologne you can check out the "Pigbull" (would need to google the address) and get yourself some delicious pulled pork burgers (and other awesome stuff).

Basically a carnivore´s heaven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.