Come on City fans - sort the atmosphere out

M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
I'm in 111 which is fun, and as a rule join in every song except the ones about United. It means I join in about 50% of the chants on a good day. Think more people would be more inclined to join in the chanting if they thought they were backing the team rather than getting their digs in on the 7th best side in the league.

I wondered when the song police would turn up on this thread.

I don't know what you're talking about. Fact of the matter is that many people seem more bothered singing about David Moyes than anyone else. Some people tried to get some new tortured song about Moyes taking United down last night, and Ilooked around and some people were actually rolling their eyes. Yet when Blue Moon/City from Maine Road/We're Not Really Here gets going the entire stand joins in. Funny that.

A safe standing area at the back of both goals is all that is needed. Awayfans-area in on of the corners. Take a look at the German clubs with the squad usually doing a small thank you to the fans at both ends. Days of a dark noisy Kippax will never come back Im afriad.

Anyone concerned about the atmosphere at the Etihad try and get involved with 1894 group.
We had a small allocation of singers against West Ham in the cup (38 I think) and we would have had about 75 for the game yesterday if it wasn't for the club not opening the third tiers earlier. We've designed some of the surfer flags you might have seen around the ground as well as some banners and flags. There's an 1894 app you can purchase for apple and android phones. There is a good relationship between 1894 group and the club, and they are behind what we are attempting to achieve so what better way to improve the atmosphere than getting involved!

If people want to follow on twitter or like the facebook page the links are below. The more people we reach the more people will get involved and subsequently the atmosphere should improve!

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/1894Group_MCFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/1894Group_MCFC</a>

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/1894groupmcfc</a>

gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
I'm in 111 which is fun, and as a rule join in every song except the ones about United. It means I join in about 50% of the chants on a good day. Think more people would be more inclined to join in the chanting if they thought they were backing the team rather than getting their digs in on the 7th best side in the league.

I don't know what you're talking about. Fact of the matter is that many people seem more bothered singing about David Moyes than anyone else. Some people tried to get some new tortured song about Moyes taking United down last night, and Ilooked around and some people were actually rolling their eyes. Yet when Blue Moon/City from Maine Road/We're Not Really Here gets going the entire stand joins in. Funny that.

Football fans singing songs about their rivals. I mean, I could've sworn the Blackburn fans were singing songs about Burnley last night.
I didn't realise it was such a taboo subject. If you've been attending games for the past few decades you'd know that City fans have been singing songs about United since God was a boy and vice versa yet we get snobs like you saying we shouldn't be doing such a thing even though history shows that's exactly what City fans have been doing for years.

And by the way, that new Moyes song is funny as fuck and was pretty much the loudest song of the night. If you don't like it, then start something off yourself.

M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Fact of the matter is that many people seem more bothered singing about David Moyes than anyone else. Some people tried to get some new tortured song about Moyes taking United down last night, and I looked around and some people were actually rolling their eyes. Yet when Blue Moon/City from Maine Road/We're Not Really Here gets going the entire stand joins in. Funny that.

Football fans singing songs about their rivals. I mean, I could've sworn the Blackburn fans were singing songs about Burnley last night.
I didn't realise it was such a taboo subject. If you've been attending games for the past few decades you'd know that City fans have been singing songs about United since God was a boy and vice versa yet we get snobs like you saying we shouldn't be doing such a thing even though history shows that's exactly what City fans have been doing for years.

And by the way, that new Moyes song is funny as fuck and was pretty much the loudest song of the night. If you don't like it, then start something off yourself.

Don't be so patronising and don't put words in my mouth. I understand that you sing the odd song about your rivals. It's just that the balance is just currently way out and there comes a point when you just can't be bothered singing about David Moyes for the eigth time that night. What's snobbish about that?

And I do start the odd song, just City ones.

gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
I don't know what you're talking about. Fact of the matter is that many people seem more bothered singing about David Moyes than anyone else. Some people tried to get some new tortured song about Moyes taking United down last night, and I looked around and some people were actually rolling their eyes. Yet when Blue Moon/City from Maine Road/We're Not Really Here gets going the entire stand joins in. Funny that.

Don't be so patronising and don't put words in my mouth. I understand that you sing the odd song about your rivals. It's just that the balance is just currently way out and there comes a point when you just can't be bothered singing about David Moyes for the eigth time that night. What's snobbish about that?

And who`s the biggest moaners when they hear the Rags singing about City,Blue Mooners !!

gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:

I guess that makes you a bigger blue than me then.

As for being patronising, behave. It's not me that's telling people what they can and can't sing.

gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:

I'm with you on this one, I hate singing about those twats, feels like a waste of breath.

oakiecokie said:
gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:

And who`s the biggest moaners when they hear the Rags singing about City,Blue Mooners !!

I actually like the fact that they sing about us so much as it dispels the myth that they're not obsessed with us. Fact is oakie, both sets of fans are equally obsessed with each other but from experience City fans are far less likely to deny it.

M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:

How does it go mate, I didn't hear it last night though !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.