Come on Sunderland!!

Gerrard bossed this game. Ive been saying for ages he should be playing at centre mid not as a support striker.

Thank you Pepe Reina. Great save to deny Zenden.

Blow the fucking whistle, ffs!

3-0 Liverpool, Torres 1st scorer @ 14/1

Wish i'd put more than a fiver on it!

Ooooooooooasdfhkjsdfguihgvbawd,yfqw!!!! Thank fuck N'Gog is shit.

Liverpool and Spurs favourites now ?

Manchester City DVD´s
<a class="postlink" href="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21</a>

moomba said:
simon23 said:
I dont look at stats as they can be missleading. I agree we are at times playing as well as our rivals but i expect more....we can and have played better

Well stats that say we've been picking up as many points as our rivals can't mislead too much, people who continually make out that our rivals are overrunning us when those stats exist can mislead.

like i say stats are misleading....we ar picking up points but we arent playing well...if you are happy with that fine...Im not

Ive said liverpool are improving and we arent...liverpool have in a lot of people's opinions been playing poorly and you say our results match theirs....so surely then we arent playing well.

We've been picking up more points under Mancini than we were before. How is that not improving?

Cause our performances have been below par....

Attcking intent isnt always shown by goals scored....they may attack a lot but miss more chances.....maybe our attack is more efficient than theirs, but on te evidence of my own eyes id say spurs attack more (whether they score more or not i dont know so im happy to go with your info_

Attacking intent that isn't measured by goals scored is irrelevant.

no its not....if we had gfone out and attacked liverpool at CMOS we would have won....we didnt and thereofre dropped 2 pts.....maybe you dont enough faith in the players or the manager to be able to put an attacking tema out and still win games...i think we are capable of more

the chelski game was a fluke...nothing more...they battered us

It was the home Chelsea match (I'll ignore this bollocks you come out with that the away match was a fluke).

How is that 1 point from three games against Bolton, Chelsea and Spurs would have in your own words been a good result, yet you've not stopped whining about a point at Sunderland (matched with 3 at Chelsea and 3 at Fulham).

What has changed in your attitude since December?

Ive never complained about the performances against fulham...infact the opposite....i said i thought that mancini was turning a corner in his tactics and that he was showing more intent to go forward......Again...i think this needs to happen quicker

why be negative in your approach to playing when we are at home to wigan.....a team we are capable of beating. to go out with a two defensive midfielders means that we are always limited in the number of players that we have in attack......look at liverpool today.....every time they attack they regualry have 6-7 players in that attack,......so do utd when they do it....so do chelski....we have 3-4....the two wingers and whoever is playing as a forward.....or both forwards if mancini is playing 4.4-2.....the other guys are just sat their holding theior position....i dont need stats to tel me this cause ive seen it with my own eyes time and time again....when tevez scored against chelski we only had one man in their half other than tevz.....i think it was dejong and he was only just over the half way line......and there are lots of other examples of this where we will literally only have a centre forward and the two inwgers attacking...everyone else is sat in our half....it happens time and time again.

2 defensive midfielders doesn't have to be a negative move. Were you critical of 2 defensive midfielders on the regular occasions this season and last they were used by the previous manager?

id be critical anytime of any manager who played this system unless it was against one of the really big teams away from home........then i can understand it

this over cautious approach has cost us and will continue to cost us games....which is why we wont finish 4th unless he does throw off the shackles

This "over cautious approach" as you put it, has improved our results and got us back into the race for top 4. Surely thats a good thing.

Thats not the whole picture....as i said i look at how we play....not just the results and the way we are playing now will only get us so far.....at some point RM will have to make changes to push even further......im not sure it will get us to 4th...maybe, maybe not....i dont know (if i was aksed to give an answer id say it wont).

You could look at the stats and say that Mancini has lost more games than MH did but i dont even take note of that as again that is misleading....I don think Mancini has improved us but i dont think at present that he will get us 4th......and his style will cost us that...id rather go down fighting than be over cautious.

Mancini has brought i bit more balance to the team......but performances are decidedly for the most part pretty drab affairs. I am fully prepared to give him 2 more yrs at least to get it right....the thing this club needs more than ever is stability......but things must change if we are going to progress

simon23 said:
...the thing this club needs more than ever is stability......but things must change if we are going to progress
head_scratching.jpg

jimharri said:
simon23 said:
...the thing this club needs more than ever is stability......but things must change if we are going to progress
head_scratching.jpg

lol....

i mean the way the manager sends out his team to play......and his attitude......we must go out and dominte teams and not base our game around stoppin the other team

simon23 said:
Ive never complained about the performances against fulham...infact the opposite....i said i thought that mancini was turning a corner in his tactics and that he was showing more intent to go forward......Again...i think this needs to happen quicker

Way to not answer the question. Why is one point at Bolton in December a good result, and 1 point at Sunderland in March a disappointment?

What is the change in your attitude?
id be critical anytime of any manager who played this system unless it was against one of the really big teams away from home........then i can understand it

Well I'm betting you never had a problem with the previous manager using 2 DM's, perhaps you could direct me to a post that suggests otherwise.

One thing I will say also, when has Barry been defined as simply a defensive midfielder?

Thats not the whole picture....as i said i look at how we play....not just the results and the way we are playing now will only get us so far.....at some point RM will have to make changes to push even further......im not sure it will get us to 4th...maybe, maybe not....i dont know (if i was aksed to give an answer id say it wont).

You could look at the stats and say that Mancini has lost more games than MH did but i dont even take note of that as again that is misleading....I don think Mancini has improved us but i dont think at present that he will get us 4th......and his style will cost us that...id rather go down fighting than be over cautious.

Points decide the league, not games lost. How can points earned not be relevant when deciding if we are on the right track?

moomba said:
simon23 said:

Way to not answer the question. Why is one point at Bolton in December a good result, and 1 point at Sunderland in March a disappointment?

What is the change in your attitude?

My change in attitude from december comes down to the fact that i dont think we are playing as well as we could do...simple

Well I'm betting you never had a problem with the previous manager using 2 DM's, perhaps you could direct me to a post that suggests otherwise.

I dont remember him doing it really....if eh did ten he didnt do it continously

One thing I will say also, when has Barry been defined as simply a defensive midfielder?

dejong and zabba in the same midfield is two defensive midfielders....and barry is playing that role as well....i know he can play as an attacking player but he isnt doing it

Points decide the league, not games lost. How can points earned not be relevant when deciding if we are on the right track?

yes points do decide the league and the way mancini is playing we wont pick up enough points

but you seem to miss the bigger picture.....and that is what im lokoing at....i dont care about the past...im looking at where we are heading (especially concerning our style of play)...and in my opinion RM will have to change from what he has now to a more attacking game if we want to ever challenge the top 4 on a reguar basis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.