Come on Sunderland!!

Immaculate Pasta said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
you joking?

No, we'd give Liverpool £80-£100m to rebuild their team/pay for their new ground for a player who even though he's the best striker in the world is always injured.

i agree + he doesnt want to move anyways even if they dont finish 4th.....

lets bid for david villa :)

Game is as dull as ditch water. Blunderland have given up, Dippers are shite but being made to look good. We have nothing to fear from them any decent team would role them over.

Has the sound gone off on Sky Sports?

What a terrible, terrible atmosphere.

Why is the Elephant men playing Bent as a winger

Manchester City DVD´s
<a class="postlink" href="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21</a>

simon23 said:
I dont look at stats as they can be missleading. I agree we are at times playing as well as our rivals but i expect more....we can and have played better

Well stats that say we've been picking up as many points as our rivals can't mislead too much, people who continually make out that our rivals are overrunning us when those stats exist can mislead.

Ive said liverpool are improving and we arent...liverpool have in a lot of people's opinions been playing poorly and you say our results match theirs....so surely then we arent playing well.

We've been picking up more points under Mancini than we were before. How is that not improving?

Attcking intent isnt always shown by goals scored....they may attack a lot but miss more chances.....maybe our attack is more efficient than theirs, but on te evidence of my own eyes id say spurs attack more (whether they score more or not i dont know so im happy to go with your info_

Attacking intent that isn't measured by goals scored is irrelevant.

the chelski game was a fluke...nothing more...they battered us

It was the home Chelsea match (I'll ignore this bollocks you come out with that the away match was a fluke).

How is that 1 point from three games against Bolton, Chelsea and Spurs would have in your own words been a good result, yet you've not stopped whining about a point at Sunderland (matched with 3 at Chelsea and 3 at Fulham).

What has changed in your attitude since December?

why be negative in your approach to playing when we are at home to wigan.....a team we are capable of beating. to go out with a two defensive midfielders means that we are always limited in the number of players that we have in attack......look at liverpool today.....every time they attack they regualry have 6-7 players in that attack,......so do utd when they do it....so do chelski....we have 3-4....the two wingers and whoever is playing as a forward.....or both forwards if mancini is playing 4.4-2.....the other guys are just sat their holding theior position....i dont need stats to tel me this cause ive seen it with my own eyes time and time again....when tevez scored against chelski we only had one man in their half other than tevz.....i think it was dejong and he was only just over the half way line......and there are lots of other examples of this where we will literally only have a centre forward and the two inwgers attacking...everyone else is sat in our half....it happens time and time again.

2 defensive midfielders doesn't have to be a negative move. Were you critical of 2 defensive midfielders on the regular occasions this season and last they were used by the previous manager?

this over cautious approach has cost us and will continue to cost us games....which is why we wont finish 4th unless he does throw off the shackles

This "over cautious approach" as you put it, has improved our results and got us back into the race for top 4. Surely thats a good thing.

leewill31 said:
im not expecting mancini to go all gung-ho with the team jim but with knowing what players we have and how they should perform and at such a vital time you would not expect scrappy.
In theory I agree with you. The quality and pace we have in the team should mean that we should be more adventurous than we are. That being the case though; why haven't we done it so far under RM? Something to do with the fact that RM is the typical (old school) Italian manager with a defensive outlook? Yes, I know; what about Carlo Ancellotti? Unfortunately Chelsea are way ahead of us in quality. We haven't got a midfielder who could bag 4 goals in a game (indeed, scored 20 or more this past 4 seasons, I think). Also, there's no way we could rest our top scorer and bang in seven against a side looking to gatecrash the top 4 (before 3pm yesterday anyway!). I was one of the Hughes inners, but we have to get behind Mancini now.

Immaculate Pasta said:

Very weird but it's noticeable that a lot of stadiums are like that now. Not just the Swamp any more. Now it's every bit as flat an atmosphere at the Emirates, and Villa Park and Stamford Bridge and Eastlands and most other places you care to mention.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:47 pm --<br /><br />
LateBlue said:
Game is as dull as ditch water. Blunderland have given up, Dippers are shite but being made to look good. We have nothing to fear from them any decent team would role them over.

Did you see the first half, though. The dippers played very well. They're 3-0 up now so their foot's off the pedal, understandably enough, but it would be unfair to say it's been all about how bad the Mackens have been. Liverpool aren't the team they were but we shouldn't underestimate them.

Pam said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Very weird but it's noticeable that a lot of stadiums are like that now. Not just the Swamp any more. Now it's every bit as flat an atmosphere at the Emirates, and Villa Park and Stamford Bridge and Eastlands and most other places you care to mention.

Liverpool are worse than all those mentioned above.

Don't let Sky and the deluded scousers kid you otherwise. Has been for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.