Coming in & going out this summer

thenabster said:
pudge said:
thenabster said:
I don't see why you should be. Rhodes is young, English and will score goals. Also he probably won't mind as much as an international star to be on the bench.

Shawcross is one of the 5-6 best English central defenders. We need English players and we need the best. So I don't know what's so funny.
Yep, it's not as if Rhodes would need to prove himself in the Premier League before making a step up to a title challenging side who's also in the Champions League. I mean, he's scored in the Championship and League 1, hell why don't we try and talk Dean Windass out of retirement?

As for Shawcross, a starter for Stoke, I'm sure you're right that he would come and be possibly 3rd or 4th choice and that his thug-ish style would suit us down to the ground as well as coping with the unknown again with regards to Champions League football.

Don't know what I found funny about that, sorry.

I understand what you mean in regards to Rhodes and I actually debated that a bit. However three things made me pick him. 1. He's English 2. He's relatively young but experienced 3. The fact that he has always scored everywhere he's been. He's been scoring constantly since 2008 and he's only 23. Plus the fact that he moved from Huddersfield to Blackburn in a Torres expensive style signing and style delivered in his first year tells me that the kids has something.

Don't forget that Lambert was a great and regular goalscorer in the Championship and lower leagues but in his first season in the EPL at 31 scored more goals than any of our strikers. Plus he was coming off the bench a lot.
He made 3 sub appearances last season....

As for Rhodes, it's the same deal with managers like Roberto Martinez. You don't go from Wigan to a top 4 team right away, which is why instead he's constantly linked and put forward for jobs like Everton and Villa.

You need to prove yourself at different levels, and there's more than just 1 level between Blackburn Rovers to City.

pudge said:
thenabster said:
pudge said:
Yep, it's not as if Rhodes would need to prove himself in the Premier League before making a step up to a title challenging side who's also in the Champions League. I mean, he's scored in the Championship and League 1, hell why don't we try and talk Dean Windass out of retirement?

As for Shawcross, a starter for Stoke, I'm sure you're right that he would come and be possibly 3rd or 4th choice and that his thug-ish style would suit us down to the ground as well as coping with the unknown again with regards to Champions League football.

Don't know what I found funny about that, sorry.

I understand what you mean in regards to Rhodes and I actually debated that a bit. However three things made me pick him. 1. He's English 2. He's relatively young but experienced 3. The fact that he has always scored everywhere he's been. He's been scoring constantly since 2008 and he's only 23. Plus the fact that he moved from Huddersfield to Blackburn in a Torres expensive style signing and style delivered in his first year tells me that the kids has something.

Don't forget that Lambert was a great and regular goalscorer in the Championship and lower leagues but in his first season in the EPL at 31 scored more goals than any of our strikers. Plus he was coming off the bench a lot.

As for Rhodes, it's the same deal with managers like Roberto Martinez. You don't go from Wigan to a top 4 team right away, which is why instead he's constantly linked and put forward for jobs like Everton and Villa.

You need to prove yourself at different levels, and there's more than just 1 level between Blackburn Rovers to City.

Two things. We are not signing him as our premier striker, but as our 3rd of 4th choice. We need a Chicarito, a striker who doesn't mind being on the bench but scores when brought on. We need that type of player. The strikers we have right now are superstars who don't want to sit on the bench. Second of all there was a rumor of Martinez becoming our assistant coach. That's the role Rhodes would have at City. Adam Johnson came from the championship and did well, Sinclair came from the premier league and was a mess.

thenabster said:
pudge said:
thenabster said:

Two things. We are not signing him as our premier striker, but as our 3rd of 4th choice. We need a Chicarito, a striker who doesn't mind being on the bench but scores when brought on. We need that type of player. The strikers we have right now are superstars who don't want to sit on the bench. Second of all there was a rumor of Martinez becoming our assistant coach. That's the role Rhodes would have at City. Adam Johnson came from the championship and did well, Sinclair came from the premier league and was a mess.
A rumor, wowzers.

Where's AJ now?

We don't NEED a "Chicarito" what we need is someone clinical, not a suber sub

pudge said:
thenabster said:
pudge said:

A rumor, wowzers.

Where's AJ now?

AJ left because he wanted to be the headline act and not the opening act. Doesn't mean that his role as the opening act was bad. AJ did us much good coming off the bench to open up games. We didn't have that kind of player this season and hence we suffered.

We DO NEED a Chicarito too. Cavani is coming in as the headline act and too score the goals but we need a striker that can help when things are not going or way. What happens if Aguero is injured and Cavani is not scoring during a game that we're trailing?

thenabster said:
pudge said:
thenabster said:
A rumor, wowzers.

Where's AJ now?

AJ left because he wanted to be the headline act and not the opening act. Doesn't mean that his role as the opening act was bad. AJ did us much good coming off the bench to open up games. We didn't have that kind of player this season and hence we suffered.

We DO NEED a Chicarito too. Cavani is coming in as the headline act and too score the goals but we need a striker that can help when things are not going or way. What happens if Aguero is injured and Cavani is not scoring during a game that we're trailing?
I'd give Guidetti a chance before spunking £10m+ on someone like Jordan Rhodes.

pudge said:
thenabster said:
pudge said:
A rumor, wowzers.

Where's AJ now?

Yeah of course, I agree. But we need 4 strikers if we are going to be playing with 2 strikers upfront and playing in 4 competitions next year.

thenabster said:
pudge said:
thenabster said:

Yeah of course, I agree. But we need 4 strikers if we are going to be playing with 2 strikers upfront and playing in 4 competitions next year.
A lot hinges on whether Tevez is offered, and signs, a new deal.

Even at that, I'd go for Benteke with reports saying he wouldn't say no to a move away from Villa.

Say Tevez and Dzeko both leave. I'd take Aguero, Cavani, Benteke and Guidetti.

I reckon Tevez will stay though

pudge said:
thenabster said:
pudge said:

A lot hinges on whether Tevez is offered, and signs, a new deal.

Even at that, I'd go for Benteke with reports saying he wouldn't say no to a move away from Villa.

Say Tevez and Dzeko both leave. I'd take Aguero, Cavani, Benteke and Guidetti.

I reckon Tevez will stay though

I would love Benteke too, but I don't know if Benteke would want to come to City to sit on the bench most of the time. Lukaku got very frustrated with AVB last year when he was constantly kept on the bench.

Strikers next season

Aguero
Cavani
Gudetti

And a winger that can play as a second striker. That is what will happen and guess what, that's why we're interested in Navas as he has played the second striker role for Spain.

We will not have 4 out and out strikers

Mad 4 It said:
Strikers next season

Aguero
Cavani
Gudetti

And a winger that can play as a second striker. That is what will happen and guess what, that's why we're interested in Navas as he has played the second striker role for Spain.

We will not have 4 out and out strikers

Navas can't score. We want him for pace on the wings not for his versatility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.