Coming in & going out this summer

LoveCity said:
Varese will utilise their right to buy Luca Scapuzzi from us this summer according to their director of football.

I really don't like these "right-to-buy" clauses unless it's loaded in our favour. If a club is interested in purchasing one of our players, start negotiating!

sincity said:
LoveCity said:
Varese will utilise their right to buy Luca Scapuzzi from us this summer according to their director of football.

I really don't like these "right-to-buy" clauses unless it's loaded in our favour. If a club is interested in purchasing one of our players, start negotiating!

It happens a lot in Italy and with players like Scapuzzi and Elabdellaoui (the German second division side he's at also have the right to buy) they have absolutely no hope of making it at City and we just want to get rid of them it looks like. I don't think we'll get much for either but it's better than nothing (nothing being what we get for the majority of our English kids when they don't make it).<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
Has he found form or his level?

I'd guess the latter, he's not very good...

If the men in charge at City get their way and we get our targets on our A list this year I guess we're probably looking at Cavani, Jovetic, Isco, Marquinho, a young left back and maybe a player like Benat or Fernandinho. So that if we get get lucky on all our targets thats 6 in.

Going out the obvious ones are Kolo, RSC, Bridge with Lescott very likely as are Dzeko and Kolarov. Sinclair will probably want to leave. Maybe Nasri and Maicon will go if the deals are right.

Tevez will be hard to shift as who would buy him given his stated intention to return to Argentina at the end of next season?

We may see Pantilimon leave if he wants first team football, if that happens will be in for another keeper.

Assuming no other big movers (possibles being Barry, Garcia maybe Yaya after today's quotes).

That would be 9 or 10 of our current squad gone leaving us with:

Hart, New keeper, Wright.
Nastasic, Kompany, Clichy, Rekik, Richards, Zabaleta, Marquinho, New LB.
Barry, Garcia, Yaya, Silva, Razak, Milner, Rodwell, Isco, New MF, Suarez
Aguero, Tevez, Cavani, Jovetic, Guidetti.

Giving us 26, of which 6 are Homegrown and 3 are club homegrown so we would be ok for the Premier League in terms of numbers as Nastasic, Razak, Suarez and Rekik would be under 21. For Europe we would be 2 over the limit as we only have 3 club homegrown players (Richards, Razak and Guidetti).

There are probably a couple of others that could also feature at some stage but not in Europe (the likes of Lopes and Pozo).

The other thing would be that the loss of Kolo, Bridge, RSC and Mario alone would reduce substantially our wage bill. That's before factoring in the lost wages of Lescott, Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko and Maicon. These would be offset heavily by the arrivals of the likes of say Cavani, Jovetic and Isco.

Quotes I'm sure City have taken note of, especially if there is any substance in the Aguero to Real rumours.

“You never know in football,” Suarez told AFP when asked if he could be on the move. “A player’s ambition is always there, the ambition of wanting to play in elite teams is always there.

“I’m in a world-class team, an elite team like Liverpool. And if another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competitions games, which is willing to have [me], they are welcome.

“We would talk to the club, we would see if I want to go, if I don’t want to go.”

IN: Jovetic, Bojan, Eriksen, Ranocchia, D.Godin, Higuain, A.Schurrle, Varane, Isco.

OUT: Lescott, Kolarov, Bridge, Maicon, Nasri, Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, Dzeko, Tevez, Santa Cruz.

pavelsrnicek said:
If the men in charge at City get their way and we get our targets on our A list this year I guess we're probably looking at Cavani, Jovetic, Isco, Marquinho, a young left back and maybe a player like Benat or Fernandinho. So that if we get get lucky on all our targets thats 6 in.

Going out the obvious ones are Kolo, RSC, Bridge with Lescott very likely as are Dzeko and Kolarov. Sinclair will probably want to leave. Maybe Nasri and Maicon will go if the deals are right.

Tevez will be hard to shift as who would buy him given his stated intention to return to Argentina at the end of next season?

We may see Pantilimon leave if he wants first team football, if that happens will be in for another keeper.

Assuming no other big movers (possibles being Barry, Garcia maybe Yaya after today's quotes).

That would be 9 or 10 of our current squad gone leaving us with:

Hart, New keeper, Wright.
Nastasic, Kompany, Clichy, Rekik, Richards, Zabaleta, Marquinho, New LB.
Barry, Garcia, Yaya, Silva, Razak, Milner, Rodwell, Isco, New MF, Suarez
Aguero, Tevez, Cavani, Jovetic, Guidetti.

Giving us 26, of which 6 are Homegrown and 3 are club homegrown so we would be ok for the Premier League in terms of numbers as Nastasic, Razak, Suarez and Rekik would be under 21. For Europe we would be 2 over the limit as we only have 3 club homegrown players (Richards, Razak and Guidetti).

There are probably a couple of others that could also feature at some stage but not in Europe (the likes of Lopes and Pozo).

The other thing would be that the loss of Kolo, Bridge, RSC and Mario alone would reduce substantially our wage bill. That's before factoring in the lost wages of Lescott, Nasri, Kolarov, Dzeko and Maicon. These would be offset heavily by the arrivals of the likes of say Cavani, Jovetic and Isco.
that would be so awesome if we could make all those moves. And will the players leaving, it ain't entirely unrealistic (although I feel we will only get one new striker max this summer, so perhaps only 1 of Jovetic/Cavani).

today ian ayre has said liverpool wont sell saurez and dortmund have basically agreed a deal for dzeko so cavani and jovetic in for tevez and dzeko in attack and guidetti 4th choice.we need a world class centre half so nasty and vince have some competition with lescott and kolo going.richards is versatile to play cb or rb.personally i feel we should give garcia a chance yes hes slow but may come good hes better than barry! young new left back for thunderboots and a natural winger as we need real pace in the side.also id get delofeu as hes young and creative.

Targets in
cavani, jovetic, marquinhos or mangala, delofue, fast winger, left back and possibly another cm if rodwell desperately cnt get fit

out!
dzeko tevez nasri barry sinclair kolarov kolo lescott

I repeat myself alot but I will post again!

If these rumors of an expansive 4-3-3 formation are true then I think personally these players would be a good fit.

In;
Jovetic, capable of playing wide, upfront and in behind. Isn't a speed demon but quick with the ball and capable of scoring and creating.

Paulinho, our out of the blue link to him and rumors of Txiki in Brazil means there could be legs to this story. I hope so as well because he is what we would need in midfield. Has pace, guile, ability to go forward from deep and won't cost the earth.

Marquinhos, I have only seen his highlight reels but reading bits on him suggests he could become a very good player. If as expected both Kolo and Lescott leave we could well bring in Marquinhos and rotate our three main CB's. Having Richards and Garcia able to play at CB also.

Nagatomo, bit of a random signing almost but I just don't rate Kolarov and apparently Nagatomo is available. Is similar to Clichy in how he plays and ability on paper. Could be available quite cheap and maybe we could sell Kolarov to Inter and get him in return.

Possibles; Falcao, Cavani and Isco.
Out;
Kolo Toure, a good player but is on big wages and up until Kompany's injury was just there to make up the numbers really. Can't see him being offered a new contract.

Lescott, again a good player but again is also on big wages and isn't getting younger! formed the backbone of our team for two years but I think his shortcomings in terms of possession football will see him being sold this summer.

Kolarov, I just don't rate him. Get nervous when he is on the pitch every time he has the ball or someone is running at him. Dangerous from long range and set pieces but you can't keep a player in the team just to do that.

Nasri, A player I really like and rate but I won't be surprised if we sell him. He hasn't delivered for the team enough and I think it is down to him being in the wrong position but then again he should be able to adapt and still have more of an impact on the game.

Dzeko, a good player but is just too hot and cold I think. Far better when he is playing in a team based around him and we just can't/won't offer him that.

Others; RSC, Bridge and Boyata. Possibly Tevez although I think he will see out his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.