Zabaleta___Kompany___Nastasic___Clichy
______Yaya______Garcia_____Rodwell
______Silva______Aguero_____NEW ADDITION

2nd Eleven:

_____________Pantilimon
Richards___Garcia___Lescott___Kolarov
______Milner____Barry____NEW ADDITION
______Nasri____Tevez____Sinclair

Lose Maicon, Kolo (or Lescott, I'm not bothered which) and Dzeko. We need to play one up front (so Carlos and Kun, with Guidetti as third-choice), with one drifting winger (basically a way of shoehorning Dave into the side) and one 'proper' wide forward (Sinclair would do as understudy for this).

It fits with the Barca model, where Villa is inclined to come inside while Pedro/Sanchez offer width - see also Ronaldo/Di Maria, Muller/Ribery.

dillbi95 said:
adrianr said:
dillbi95 said:
Yeah and they would rob us of £20M if we wanted him.
We could of got him for £2M if we had of got from toulouse in Jan.
We never get a player straight from a club we always seem to wait 1 club too late, we should be finding the Isco's, Cavani's, Sissoko's etc before they move to a bigger club and demand bigger £££

To be fair it's an advantage of being richer than everyone else and one we should use where we can. It's what the big boys have been doing for ages and it's one of the things that helps keep them at the top. You don't need to take a risk on Isco becoming the next Iniesta if you can just wait to see how he gets on and pay the premium to get him when he comes good. We don't have an indefinite amount of squad spaces so we can't buy up every half promising young talent.

Whatever happens this summer with ins and outs I think we need to make another big statement of intent to show we're here to stay. People could be forgiven after the last couple of transfer windows to think the owners are backing off a bit and maybe the project isn't as big as all the talk. Well they aren't and it is, so time to show it. Go and blow some heads off.
You're right about its a bonus of being rich, but FFP will be kicking in soon and we cant just keep waiting for players to move to test themselves in a tougher we need to take a risk imo and try them out ourselves for a fraction of the price we would have to pay for them from a bigger club.
Like Martinez who now plays for Porto, he done decent in mexico and now hes at porto, 31 goals in 34 games later hes being linked with lots of different clubs across europe including Barcelona for £20M+.
Should be widing our scouting area's and trying to find those rough diamonds / hidden gems in the footballing world?

We are mate. Another benefit of being rich, we can have a massive scout network. You have to remember we're still very new to all of this though, comparatively speaking. We're not going to get it all right straight away, just like we can't expect our new academy to be churning out Xavi's and Messi's tomorrow. We'll find some great youngsters in the future but so will every other club. Some risks will work and others won't.

adrianr said:
dillbi95 said:
adrianr said:
To be fair it's an advantage of being richer than everyone else and one we should use where we can. It's what the big boys have been doing for ages and it's one of the things that helps keep them at the top. You don't need to take a risk on Isco becoming the next Iniesta if you can just wait to see how he gets on and pay the premium to get him when he comes good. We don't have an indefinite amount of squad spaces so we can't buy up every half promising young talent.

Whatever happens this summer with ins and outs I think we need to make another big statement of intent to show we're here to stay. People could be forgiven after the last couple of transfer windows to think the owners are backing off a bit and maybe the project isn't as big as all the talk. Well they aren't and it is, so time to show it. Go and blow some heads off.
You're right about its a bonus of being rich, but FFP will be kicking in soon and we cant just keep waiting for players to move to test themselves in a tougher we need to take a risk imo and try them out ourselves for a fraction of the price we would have to pay for them from a bigger club.
Like Martinez who now plays for Porto, he done decent in mexico and now hes at porto, 31 goals in 34 games later hes being linked with lots of different clubs across europe including Barcelona for £20M+.
Should be widing our scouting area's and trying to find those rough diamonds / hidden gems in the footballing world?

We are mate. Another benefit of being rich, we can have a massive scout network. You have to remember we're still very new to all of this though, comparatively speaking. We're not going to get it all right straight away, just like we can't expect our new academy to be churning out Xavi's and Messi's tomorrow. We'll find some great youngsters in the future but so will every other club. Some risks will work and others won't.
Yeah i suppose you're right mate, i dont expect us to be revealing the next big superstars in the world, but i just thought that maybe we should be looking at the likes of Jovetic etc before they leave there club.
Hopefully this summer we will see some young up and coming talents join our club for not ridiculous prices.

ST Coleridge said:
If we go 433 next season, I reckon it should be:

_________________Hart
______Yaya______Milner_____Benat
______Silva______Aguero_____Di Maria

2nd Eleven:

_____________Pantilimon
Richards___Zouma___Lescott___Kolarov
_____Rodwell____Barry____Razak

Lose Maicon, Kolo (or Lescott, I'm not bothered which) and Dzeko. We need to play one up front (so Carlos and Kun, with Guidetti as third-choice), with one drifting winger (basically a way of shoehorning Dave into the side) and one 'proper' wide forward (Sinclair would do as understudy for this).

It fits with the Barca model, where Villa is inclined to come inside while Pedro/Sanchez offer width - see also Ronaldo/Di Maria, Muller/Ribery.
this would be awesome

Xabi Alonso linked with an £8.5million move to Liverpool?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-plan-bring-real-madrid-1794602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... id-1794602</a>

If he is available at that price we should be at the front of the queue. I know he is not a young whippersnapper with resale value but at 31 he remains genuinely world class (as he showed against us) and with his style of football will still be useful when he's 36. We need quality of this kind in our midfield, if you want another player of Alonso's level you're looking at £25million+. He'd be a big upgrade on Barry.

kun said:
ST Coleridge said:
If we go 433 next season, I reckon it should be:

_________________Hart
______Yaya______Milner_____Benat
______Silva______Aguero_____Di Maria

2nd Eleven:

_____________Pantilimon
Richards___Zouma___Lescott___Kolarov
_____Rodwell____Barry____Razak

this would be awesome
not sure Milner is good enough to play in the center there, has a great engine but is range of passing isn't amazing.

adrianr said:
dillbi95 said:
adrianr said:
Forget Sissoko we could have easily got Pogba and Farfan for free. Both would easily get games for us and be an upgrade. Won't be surprised if we are linked with a big money move for Pogba in the future.

LongsightM13 said:
Can see Kolarov going back to Italy and a younger lb on cheaper wages coming in as back up to Gael
We were looking at Digne a while back but the way Mancini uses his fullbacks I'm sure any one we buy would be more than a back up. I think Luke Shaw and Ben Davies would be good choices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.