Commentary | Aston Villa away (pg 14)

If you listen to rags and victims, they hate Neville and Carraghers commentary and punditry, accusing them of bitterness, disliking the club etc. I think all supporters expect too much of former players in the media, they can’t be as supportive as they might like. If you take a dickhead like Aldridge, who is just a scouse apologist, what is he on? not SKY, not the BBC, not BT, he just rants away in the Echo and a Dublin paper cannot get a gig.
Bizarre. I can see why united fans might take issue with Neville I suppose because he is often critical of the club. But Carragher is like a demented 10 year old throwing a stone at a team bus window, there's not even the slightest pretence of neutrality.

Bizarre. I can see why united fans might take issue with Neville I suppose because he is often critical of the club. But Carragher is like a demented 10 year old throwing a stone at a team bus window, there's not even the slightest pretence of neutrality.
I know, I think it just demonstrates how deluded and insane the victims support is. You literally have to be like Aldridge, talking the most laughable bollocks, like some toothless pisshead necking Special Brew in a bus stop, to have credibility with them.

NBC was so bad I switched over to Hinchcliffe and Co.

Every foul on us, "not much in it", every foul on them, "I've seen them given" or "he could be in trouble here".

It was getting ridiculous it was so consistent.

Probably the same one I had here with leon fuckin' osman

Biased or not, he's an absolutely shocking commentator who adopts a bizarre stream of consciousness approach with weird inflexions at the end of each sentence as though everything surprises him. Is that how he talks in real life? He seems to think every single thing that happens warrants his minute analysis. The best commentators are the ones that use the silence and contribute only when they can offer something that the viewer may be unaware of. He is the precise opposite and should not be commentating again until a cure is found for verbal diarrhoea.
As I mentioned in the match thread I spoke to him once over phone a few years back and he talks in everyday life exactly the same and he talks just as much ararely shutting up. The bit that got me was when I told him in my best Stopfordian accent that I remembered him playing and he asked if I was an Evertonian! I don’t think he has any love for us.

Most commentary teams range from the irritating to the sickening but the worst thing about modern footy coverage is how much of the live action we miss while they show endless replays of some mundane incident or long lingering shots of the managers. It’s an absolute disgrace.
it's like a commercial radio station these day's they can only play so much music hence chit chat and adverts,

I remember Hinchcliffe as a co commentator on radio Manchester for the City games back in the day. Nothing like he is now. I do think he loves the club but in not wanting to be seen as being biased in any way has gone too far the other way now and is being overly negative.

NBC was so bad I switched over to Hinchcliffe and Co.

Every foul on us, "not much in it", every foul on them, "I've seen them given" or "he could be in trouble here".

It was getting ridiculous it was so consistent.
Peter Drury was fine as he always is. Leon Osman was a complete tool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.