Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one to have at the start of the season. Better than nothing or friendly in my book. Thats how my emotional commitment works at least.

Main trouble is we are not ready for community shield game by design. Pep prefers to give players as much rest as possible. Many gonna be involved in Euro and some possibly till half of July. So annoying thing is United may be off the hook and shithouse one more win.

At the end its for the greater good. We may have many finals next april/may. If Pep and staff thinks its a way to increase the likelihood of best team form at the final stage I am on board.

Thank you for your superior knowledge and I stand corrected, but was that from your fantastic memory or reference books. So can you tell me is the community shield still invitational or mandatory.
It wasn't off the top of my head, no. I did know roughly that it had been played at Old Wembley for that amount of time, or at least for a significant amount of time, but I did have to look up the specific years.

As to invitational or mandatory, well, it's somewhere in-between. Just like the regular cups. You could technically as chairman of a club withdraw from the competition, but it would cause some furore amongst the governing bodies, something we don't need any more of unnecessarily.

I went when it was at Leicester. Can’t be arsed traipsing down to London for it though. Great opportunity for blues who can’t get hold of cup final tickets to see us play at Wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.