Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went when it was at Leicester. Can’t be arsed traipsing down to London for it though. Great opportunity for blues who can’t get hold of cup final tickets to see us play at Wembley.

Don’t know about driving but you can get to London in pretty much the exact same time as Leicester by train.

Anywhere over East Midlands way is shit by train.

In 1974 I think the champions and FA cup winners City the highest placed league side and Burnley the losing FA. Cup semi finalists both contested it at MR. Burnley won 1 0. Regarded as enjoyable friendly it only got taken seriously a year or so later when it was moved to Wembley, Leeds played Liverpool and Bremner and Keegan made twats of themselves. May have.the dates wrong but shows no shame in withdrawal.

In 1974 I think the champions and FA cup winners City the highest placed league side and Burnley the losing FA. Cup semi finalists both contested it at MR. Burnley won 1 0. Regarded as enjoyable friendly it only got taken seriously a year or so later when it was moved to Wembley, Leeds played Liverpool and Bremner and Keegan made twats of themselves. May have.the dates wrong but shows no shame in withdrawal.
Surprised Klopp wasn’t there with his Liverpool rosette on

Not a fucking chance I'm going to this and having to interact with any red bastards, and risk being goaded by the lurking cockney horrible rag scrotes that all appeared at full time on Saturday down Wembley Way, should they fluke another win.

Decided at the Arsenal 3-0 debacle many years ago that the CS wasn't for me, least of all because we seem to return to training only the week before each season and are always underprepared compared to the opposition.

Great for families with kids who get an easy chance to go to Wembley on (hopefully) a nice day weather wise.
Maybe mate, but your first and last sentences seem a bit at odds with each other tbh ;-)

I know in reality it’s tied to Wembley, but this is one game I’d have no objection to being played in the US - much rather than the talk of PL games over there. It would likely raise as much if not more money for community good causes over here too.

Play it at Old Toilet, give us 35,000 tickets, and we’d still beat them.(as long as Pep doesn’t mess about tight the 2 centre half’s again) That way we don’t have to go to the Etihad of the South again.

I won’t be going, I wouldn’t be against pulling out of the competition if it were to help our season, but let’s be honest it’s a complete non starter so not really open for discussion

Imagine United beating City in the FA Cup Final and the Community Shield. That’s some corner turned. We’d never hear the last of it from United fans. Back to the days when (Fergie) and United were the dominant Gtr Manchester team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.