Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Personally I would be open to playing at another neutral ground in the north, but it's the neutral part that's most important IMO.

I don't think it's mad at all though. Name any other country where they do what you're proposing? A lot of countries are much larger than ours, but still travel to the capital for cup finals and super cups.

Mess about with that and you could open the door to a worse scenario, where they will play it in Saudi or in the States simply for financial reasons.
Personally they could play it in Antarctica for all I care, completely pointless game.

Only a matter of time before it’s played on foreign shores

Can’t see it happening, this is the FAs money maker not the Premier League’s. They need Wembley open with paying customers to go into their coffers, not a chance it goes outside of the M25 ring road let alone another country.

Any thoughts on City withdrawing from the CS.

The game should be held at the home of the Champions as winners of English footballs elite tournament.

It's only at Wembley to pay off the incompetent FAs debts for a wrongly located ground.

What have the FA ever done for City or us fans.

We'd be better holding internal game twixt the academy teams followed by one twixt the first team squad.

Free to all season ticket holders etc then £10 adults/£5 u 18s open sale.

Make it an annual pre season 'open day festival'.

Thoughts ??
I read the FA have now repaid the debt in any case.
Pre-season friendly - you either go or don't, but I don't see it ever being anywhere other than Wembley.

Playing it at Wembley is all about paying the incompetent FA unearned funds to settle its debts on a stadium that could and should've been built for a fraction of the cost next to the NEC nr Birmingham.

Irrational incompetence in plain sight.

It was played at old Wembley for many years prior to the new ground being built.

So it isn’t really about that.

By the same logic that’s the only reason the FA Cup Final or England internationals are played there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.