Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously mate, nothing could be further from the truth, it won’t make a blind bit of difference to what transpires in any PL or any other game this season ..

I go to meet up with fellow Blues in readiness for the new season, the actual game is a bit of a sideshow to be honest.. Yes I want us to beat the rags but let’s not go overboard worrying about it…!
Exactly. We lost the 2022 shield to the dippers then went on to win the treble.

Enough said.

What type of team are we going to play in this ? Non of our key players will be ready or even on the bench. Crazy pre season & transfer window this.

We are going to give the rags a confidence boost at the start of the season which is not great

Attachments

• 1000009255.jpg
    1000009255.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 11
Late decision from my eldest and his pal to go. Just checked train prices and it’s £220 for the 2 of them Stockport (of course!) to Euston return. Anyone got any tips on cheaper routes, coaches, same day return?
Look at Manchester to Crewe, can be around £10/£20
then use London North Western trains Crewe to London Euston its currently £84 for 2 people for any London north western train return the same day to Crewe then catch connection to Manchester

Seriously mate, nothing could be further from the truth, it won’t make a blind bit of difference to what transpires in any PL or any other game this season ..

I go to meet up with fellow Blues in readiness for the new season, the actual game is a bit of a sideshow to be honest.. Yes I want us to beat the rags but let’s not go overboard worrying about it…!
It’s not just charity shield we just don’t seem to be ready for the season. Half our team are still missing & we still have no cover for Rodri.

We don't really start until September most seasons so a pre season friendly (which the CS always has been) means nothing ...literally nothing
I don’t think we can start in September this season. Others are strengthening & seem more ready than we do right now.

What type of team are we going to play in this ? Non of our key players will be ready or even on the bench. Crazy pre season & transfer window this.

We are going to give the rags a confidence boost at the start of the season which is not great
I think it's great. I love seeing them get all giddy and then start the Glaziers out protests.

It’s not just charity shield we just don’t seem to be ready for the season. Half our team are still missing & we still have no cover for Rodri.
There are a few teams in the same boat mate, I’m not as pessimistic as you despite being a FOC and not celebrating a City win unless we are 5-0 up with only a minute to go ..

I agree we may have a slow start but as long as we are only 12-15 points adrift by Christmas , 5 in a row is in the bag :-)

We get this every year. And people are convinced we always get off to a slow start.

It’s simply not true. Check out the results up to the first international break over the last 10 years and we’re consistently strong starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.