Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late decision from my eldest and his pal to go. Just checked train prices and it’s £220 for the 2 of them Stockport (of course!) to Euston return. Anyone got any tips on cheaper routes, coaches, same day return?
A two together railcard via trainline costs £30 between them but gets 30% off rail travel for 12mths when travelling together so one London trip would pay itself.

Late decision from my eldest and his pal to go. Just checked train prices and it’s £220 for the 2 of them Stockport (of course!) to Euston return. Anyone got any tips on cheaper routes, coaches, same day return?
With a two together card costing £30 an off peak return is £143 so £173 in total for the two of them.

The City website says the phone tickets will be downloadable 2 weeks before the game.
Why isn’t the button to enable me to do this active yet ?
Have they changed the date and not bothered to tell me??

The City website says the phone tickets will be downloadable 2 weeks before the game.
Why isn’t the button to enable me to do this active yet ?
Have they changed the date and not bothered to tell me??
Where have you read that?

Ticket details says:
Tickets for this match will be issued as mobile tickets which you will be required to add to your Apple/Google wallet.

The mobile ticket link will be sent to the lead booker no later than 5 days prior to the match

Use one of the split tickets websites. It will be much cheaper to get a train to Crewe then get a seperate ticket for a West Midlands train to Euston. There are lots of cheap trains to London from Crewe. You can also get Chiltern Trains from Birmingham Moor Street direct to Wembley Stadium which is very cheap. Just avoid the Avanti trains. Train to Birmingham New Street and five minute walk to Moor Street for the Chiltern line. Much easier after the match as well because the West Stand is adjacent to Wembley Stadium station so no tube fares needed.

Crewe on West Midlands trains only is £105 for both of them. If they can get someone else to tag along it’s £105 for all 3 using their group save ticket which you don’t need a railcard for. Up to 9 people get a 1/3 off if travelling together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.