Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say 3 times - the TwentysPlenty campaign for cheaper tickets for away League games was successful too. Fans from every club in the PL came together on that one. Particular credit goes to the Liverpool and Everton fan groups for lobbying Scudamore and even Barclays who were a PL sponsor, and also to our very own DF from 1894 for coming up with the idea of a co-ordinated weekend of action across all Premier League fixtures which saw fans from all clubs take part.

I reckon without that 20s plenty campaign, which eventually turned into 30, we’d be paying over £100 for London away games by now.

Fans do have the power. But like the other guy says, most are too preoccupied with point scoring than helping themselves.

Look when City were doing kids for a quid and similar for certain cup games. You’d think other fans would be like… Well if they can do it, why can’t we? But instead it was… Let’s laugh at City having to virtually give tickets away to fill their ground.

Villa Park is going to be expanded to over 50,000.

When that happens it will be at least 25,000 tickets each for both sets of fans, which is plenty enough in my opinion.

Unfortunately unlike the North West with Old Toilet holding 74,000, and Anfield being expanded to 61,000, apart from Villa Park, the other football stadiums in the Midlands don’t have a large enough capacity to host a North / South Community Shield match instead of Wembley.

The FA should hold a North / South Community Shield match at Villa Park after it’s expanded. A London or Southern Community Shield match should be held at Wembley. That would suit United and Liverpool fans as well. ;-)
Last time I went to Villa Park was for the CS when it was held there. What a shithole. It was like the old North Stand behind the stand, cramped, dark and miserable. Driving was a nightmare and parking not much better.

Back to Wembley, once again shows the FA really do not care for fans. If not for the Met Police, the FA Cup would have been a 5.30 KO. And they went ahead event after public transport for 2 Northern teams was not available.

Expecting fans to travel for a Sunday 4pm ko for a friendly is as usual so out of touch, even more so, orig scheduling for 5.30.

I do hope we take the opportunity to show the FA up, but fear it may not happen

I'm looking for 50 fans to join a coach from The Etihad to St George's Park ( HQ of FA ) for a half day BLACK FLAG PROTEST.

I'LL organise and pay for the coach.

First come etc.

Get on board...literally !!

Cat? Well the first and last letters are correct. You think you have the right to tell City fans which games they can and cannot attend, now you want to tell City fans which threads they can and cannot read. Jumped up knobhead
So I'm a 'Knobhead' and a 'C**t', for supporting a planned boycott, and asking those who are not convinced to think again?

Well I tell you what Mr Swales, I'd rather be that than a soft arse like you, who clearly thinks that the FA's complete disregard for the scheduling of this fixture is OK.

If you are going, enjoy you day, whilst those sat in the FA Seats laugh at you.

You’ll have to add to the demands for the game not to be televised in the UK if Saturday 3 pm is non negotiable.

You also don’t seem to have taken into account that the champions might well not want to host a pre season game. It’s highly doubtful City would, for starters.
The EFL is considering a new TV deal which will scrap the 3 pm blackout. It would only allow EFL games to be broadcast at that time but once the EFL start, the PL, and FA for cup games, will surely request an equivalent agreement.

Is the boycott still on now that the match has been brought forward 90 minutes?
Can’t be arsed reading the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.